Rims help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rims help

hey i have a 83 grand marquis i was wondering what my offset and everything would be if i got new rims. I have been trying to buy some but most places are tellin me american racing doesnt make rims that will fit my car i need some help here. And can i fit 8's all around or would i have to go 8's in the back and 7's in the front.
    sigpic

Stock would be something along the lines of 14x6, 15x6.5, or possibly 15x7, with zero offset. 15x8s with zero offset fit great with say a 245/60/15 tire ... go tell your wheel dealers they're full of hot air and order what you need. Typical options among current-production wheels include chrome Cragars (Nomad II wagonspoke, for example) and American Racing Ansen Sprints.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i wanted the ansen sprint rims but they said it would cost me 100 dollars extra per rim cause they would have to make special for the offset on my car i dunno its fuckin annoying i just want rims
      sigpic

Comment

Funkiness. This sort of thing is why I typically avoid local tire houses.

Summit appears to have the Ansens under part number ARE-A695865 in exactly the specs I would personally want (15x8, 4.5" backspace, 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern) for $140 each, plus $11.95 handling and possibly an oversize shipping surcharge. Says it even includes center caps!

I can only assume they're currently in stock ... the shopping cart feature seems to be acting up at the moment, which is rather unusual since their website is normally so good ....

I checked Jeg's, and they also have the A695865 listed but for about $160 per wheel ... checkout says shipment can be expected in 4-5 weeks. Actually, if I'm reading the checkout pages correctly, $661.95 is all it'd cost - total - at least to my address in Michigan.

-------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Interesting ... there's a 15x7, zero offset (ARE-A695748) they have offered on eBay for their catalog price and are asking only $11.95 "shipping" with no extra charge for shipping multiple items ($571.75 total for four), so perhaps they won't charge an extra shipping fee if you order directly from Summitracing.com. You can always call them at 1-800-230-3030 with these two item numbers just to make sure. I'm guessing $579.75 total if you want the 15x8 instead.

BTW, if you buy your tires from Summit, I think they'll mount and balance them for free and ship them all out ready to bolt onto the car.
        Last edited by 1987cp; 06-25-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AOShea View Post
          i wanted the ansen sprint rims but they said it would cost me 100 dollars extra per rim cause they would have to make special for the offset on my car i dunno its fuckin annoying i just want rims
          Look at my sig pic...

Familiar wheels? They have no offset (straight up). I have 15", and Packman has 17". You just need the ones with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. They are kind of hard to get, as they are produced in limited numbers (I believe low demand). I had to wait for 3 months to get mine.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            They are kind of hard to get, as they are produced in limited numbers (I believe low demand). I had to wait for 3 months to get mine.
            Sure, but an extra $100 per wheel? That dealer is obviously just trying to take him for a ride.

Odd that they're not in higher demand, since this size/pattern/bs combo ought to be a typical one for this wheel style .....

Comment

the only problem with ordering from summit is im from canada so the extra charges could cost me a shitload. I have been to more then one wheel shop the one that said it would cost me 100$ a wheel extra is recognized as one of the best shops in canada. I dunno i just want wheels and dont wanna end up paying a shitload for them.
              sigpic

Comment

get some mustang wheels and 1" spacers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ah, might've helped to mention that you're in Kanadia. We Americans can be funny about assuming everyone working on cars lives in the US, despite the multiple members on this board that live in Ontario. :p Still might want to call Summit anyway and see what it'd run you.

Comment

My wheels and tires were $900 mounted, balanced, chrome lugs, front end alignment, etc.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

ya im probably goin to call summit and see what they can do
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X