Odometer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odometer Problems

My crown vic's odometer stoped working yesterday but all other gauges are fine does anyone know why this would happen and how i could fix it.

Is it a '90/'91 (or maybe even the early aeros? If so, chances are the little gears inside broke. It happens to alot of them, including mine.

You can buy the gears there. I wouldn't pay that for the gears, and I am certainly not ambitious enough to try and change the gears. But the option is there. Perhaps try another used speedometer unit (the entire cluster) from the JY or something.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

coool

My crown Vic is a 90.......But i probaly won't touch it because i don't want to go through the hastle of taking the dash apart and taking the cluster out but i will have to watch my oil changes more closely.

Comment

90-91 had stupid plastic gears in them that brake overtime. vs 79-98 that had brass gears.

they do make replacement brass gears but I don't think you will able to find one.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
          90-91 had stupid plastic gears in them that brake overtime. vs 79-98 that had brass gears.

they do make replacement brass gears but I don't think you will able to find one.
          Just a thought....you reckon a fella could yank the brass gears outta say an 88/89 model and stuff 'em in his 90'? Are they that much different?
          People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
            Just a thought....you reckon a fella could yank the brass gears outta say an 88/89 model and stuff 'em in his 90'? Are they that much different?
            Maybe you could that sure is a lot of work lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
              Maybe you could that sure is a lot of work lol
              It wouldn't be that much more work than replacing the gears with new ones...not to mention the money saved buying a JY speedo as opposed to those new expensive gears.

I got access to a couple, I may rip into one and see what's up wit' 'dat.
              People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Working...
              X