newbie needs alittle help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flmjunkie View Post
    good evening, i gotta say ...i bought this car because i trashed my 5 speed mark VII and i was in desperate need of a car...BUT im really starting to dig this ride..Its a really smooth ride..the reg. on the driver front and rear window stopped working, i need shocks , but other then that and some minor cosmetic issues,,,im really begining to love this car...

by the way im in Brooklyn
    You hear clicking? You probably need to replace the regulator.

Comment

Panthers are cool, so are Marks. I own one of each. Totally different sort of car to drive though.

I think the line from the driver's side to the passenger side is actually steel, with a rubber line at each end going from the attachment point on the frame to the caliper. I could be off on that though, never studied the factory routing on a 92 all that close. Either way, its just some brake line, no big deal to replace with the proper fittings.

And please don't use compression fittings. All joking aside, they are simply not rated for the pressure in the brake system. I'd be OK if we were talking swagelock or something like that, but compression isn't the way to do it. Its not that I'm a purist, I just don't want to hear of someone being hurt by pinching pennies in the wrong spot and doing an unsafe repair. Brakes are nothing to fool around with.
      Last edited by gadget73; 05-10-2009, 11:55 PM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X