Found 1983 Police; Have questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, yeah.

I'm Terry. 44 years old, 20 year marriage, 2 kids.

I run the printshop for piggly wiggly in North Carolina, do graphic design work and build PC's occasionally.

Also have a couple of Star Motorcycle forums on the Delphi site. Royal Stars and 1300 V Stars.

Thinking about selling the old Royal and diverting my time toward these old boxes I've found myself with.Too many friends killed or maimed recently and the thought of leaving my 9 year old son, and 14 year old daughter, with no father is beggining to terrify me so haven't ridden for over a year. Love my old bike, but love my kids more.

I'm finding a bunch of info and it is appreciated. Glad I found this place.

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

Cool, nice to meet you.

The hood may be fixable by adjusting the bump stop screws at either corner. If they're not up far enough, the hood dances a whole lot.

Shifter is probably a busted spring on the lever. I've replaced that before on my Towncar. Not real hard, just need a donor car to snag a good spring out of.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by tamalpass View Post
        Wife is pissed.
        Not that that's really funny, but my wife *really* wasn't nuts when I bought my Vic last year. She will on occasion reluctantly agree that it's a good deal more pleasant to ride in than either the rattletrap wagon with no interior or the still-not-running-again two-door with a somewhat filthy interior, and more rarely will almost admit that even with costing an extra $50-$100 here and there for parts (which I'd kind of hoped wouldn't happen, but even her '03 Cavalier she paid $9k for in '04 needs a few hundred buckaroos worth of junk we've been putting off), it's both depreciation-proof and otherwise more cost-effective than spending over $15k on something new that I probably won't like very well anyway and would probably cost lots to insure.
        Last edited by 1987cp; 06-15-2009, 11:43 PM.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
        X