Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie oldie

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd finally sign up here. I've been working on my 85 LTD Crown Victoria for the past two summers, recently painted and new vinyl.

Hope you like. This looks like a great site!

Dave,

Keswick, Ontario

1985 Ford LTD Crown Victoria
    ...at the 2009 Huntsville Car Show, Huntsville Ontario

Looks great!
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

nice vic!
      welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome! Nice car! Since your in Canada, is yours carb?

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
        Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
        Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
        NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Welcome! You rawk! My names Dave as well! And I have a tudor! I seem to like exclamation points!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Great to have yet another Canadian on GMN
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Alex.

Comment

Welcome to GMN
                2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Hi SmokeStack,

Yes, it has a carb. I was having some stalling issues last year. My mechanic looked at it, accidentally broke a white plastic part of the carb, made some kind of repair, bent the butterfly open a bit, and it hasn't stalled since!

Last week I added 4 new chrome fender trim from fenderworld, and they look amazing! They're wider than the original trim (at least double), but it kinda suits the big old car.

New rad next week from rockauto (a Spectra Premium)!

Thanks for all of the compliments! Good to be here!

I am very lucky to be able to have this vehicle, and to have found the means to do the many repairs it needed when I received it 2 years ago from my 94 year old grandmother, with only 133,000 Km.

We showed it to her last weekend, and she was amazed, and said it looked like new. She joked, "how much do you want for it?" Honestly, I'll never get back what I've put into it, but that's not what it's about.

Vicky is not for sale
                  (hopefully never)

Grandma was even interested in taking it for a drive in an empty parking lot for one just one more drive, on one of our next visits.

Cheers!

Dave

Comment

son a ma bitch i misseed that car show in huntsville, i am in dwight right now, about 20 mins from there . did you check out algonquin while you were up here?
                    Last edited by ÆJackacks; 10-04-2009, 10:30 PM.
                    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

welcome! iv seen that caron the road once apon a time since your located across the lake from me! lol im in the innisfil area but done alot of driving in the york region area. let me know if you need parts, may or maynot have what you need. beautiful car by the way

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Welcome, great to have another Ontario member!

That's a nice car. Do you still have the stock wheel covers, or just the ones in the pic?

Where did you get the vinyl top done, and if I may ask, how much was it?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Can we see pictures of the new fender trims?

EDIT: I found them: http://www.fenderworld.com/FORD-CROW...-p5249523.html

Still like to see them on the car though
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hi Marquisman,

Thanks! I think I've seen your white Lincoln before on Davis. A beautiful car too. I'm not sure what parts I might need right now, but thanks for the offer!

I may take it for a trip to St. Thomas next year, before it's birthplace is gone.

I had the vinyl done in Bradford at Auto Glass Plus for $1K.

I got rid of the original hubcaps after losing one of the centre-pieces. Also, I didn't like the locking center piece. I like the new hubcaps, but I might order those nice aftermarket spoke hubcaps down the road.

Here's some pics of the new Trim.

Cheers!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X