New guy with Town Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy with Town Coupe

Im Tom. Live outside of philly. Own a 1980 Lincoln Town Coupe with a 351. Love all things Lincoln/Ford/Mercury and the panther platform as well as the fox (Marks). Saw a youtube video of a member that directed me to the site. Currently looking for some help with getting it up and running. Was wondering if anyone has had work done by the owner of the videos? Seems very knowledgeable about ford.

Thanks
    Town Coupe [X]
    Mark VI [ ]
    Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
    Crown Victoria Coupe
    [ ]

if you check out our tech archive and/or post a question in the box tech forum, there will be many people able to help you out. also, welcome! and we need pics of your rare lincoln.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Welcome Tom. You may have seen a video posted by Lincolnmania. Post up the video you saw so we know!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
        Town Coupe [X]
        Mark VI [ ]
        Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
        Crown Victoria Coupe
        [ ]

Comment

Okay That is indeed who I thought it was. Scott aka Lincolnmania on the boards is a great guy. He helped me pull things at junkyards and installed a hood on my car. Also purchased my first mods from him! he has worked on a number of cars here. Here is a link to his own section of the forum. You can see the cars he worked on and the jobs he done. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thats lincolmania(scott). he is one with lincolns!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I posted in that section. Hopfully I get some help.
              Town Coupe [X]
              Mark VI [ ]
              Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
              Crown Victoria Coupe
              [ ]

Comment

I had Scott do some gears in my '90. Absolutely no complaints.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Wassup BBMK790
                  1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC- 14.1@96.5mph
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHotrod...n?feature=mhum

Comment

Welcome. If you happen to need directions to his place, I'm heading up there probably Friday night. I'm in NJ, south of Philly and I could detour by if you want to follow me up. Scott has my Towncar (the one pictured way at the top) currently. At some point I'll probably leave off my Mark VII for some work as well.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Welcome. If you happen to need directions to his place, I'm heading up there probably Friday night. I'm in NJ, south of Philly and I could detour by if you want to follow me up. Scott has my Towncar (the one pictured way at the top) currently. At some point I'll probably leave off my Mark VII for some work as well.
                      That would be great only the car isnt running right now. I didnt realize he was so far away. Towing would cost a fortune.
                      Town Coupe [X]
                      Mark VI [ ]
                      Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                      Crown Victoria Coupe
                      [ ]

Comment

I think AAA premium will get you that far. I know he has other customers in the Philly area who have used that. I also know a guy who lives near Philly who I could possibly put you in touch with to tow it up there. Its just a dude with a car trailer but he'd probably be able to help you out for a more reasonable amount of cash.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

welcome!
                          yea i'm the guy on the videos......panthers and mark VII's are my specialty...thanks for watching!

yea i'm about 100 miles from you, i got a few customers who use AAA+ to get their cars up here......i used to live just over an hr from philly, but the rent was just too high down there in metropolis

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome!

I can attest to the level of work Scott does as well. He has serviced my car a number of times! Thanks to him, she's still on the road.

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Welcome to GMN!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X