No announcement yet.

New to forum after auction buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he is saying that, its a one year TV cable. dont break it, trying to disconnect it from the throttle, if needed.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

that's the pull forward and off style instead of the rod through a bushing and hole with a clip style. Definitely do NOT pull that thing down to get it off.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

sorry the for the TV Cable confusion I caused. You have the one year of SEFI (the ones with intakes like yours) that does NOT have the tv cable bushing issue I described. Your 1986 has a far better design, without the bushing nonsense. In 1987 they went to the stupid fragile system I described, and I had forgotten that 1986 models do not have the flawed setup.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Nice deal overall, really clean. Welcome! Just one suggestion, be careful laying anything on the dash, or even touching it, especially the speaker grilles. These dashes have the unfortunate tendency to crack. Hope this site helps you with any questions you might have!
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Nice car. it is certainly optioned oddly. No tilt or cruise and vinyl interior with dual power seats. I've never seen that.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Leenuks View Post
              Was what she paid worth it? Is it worth more to try and resell?
              If kept what should be done to give it more power and economy.
              Seems sluggish compared to our 92 4.9 Cadillac Deville. Probably due to weight.
              It is an excellent deal. On a dealer's lot they would ask $2000-2500 easy. I really like the interior compared to the cloth style they usually come with. Power seats like those in nice shape are hard to find. That car was taken well care of. Just give it a tuneup and have her drive it. Forget about spending money to get more "power and economy" out of it. She will not get a return on her investment and there is no reason to mess with something that works for your MIL's daily driver.
              Last edited by Mercracer; 12-31-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                It is an excellent deal. On a dealer's lot they would ask $2000-2500 easy. I really like the interior compared to the cloth style they usually come with. Power seats like those in nice shape are hard to find. That car was taken well care of. Just give it a tuneup and have her drive it. Forget about spending money to get more "power and economy" out of it. She will not get a return on her investment and there is no reason to mess with something that works for your MIL's daily driver.
                +1! VERY sound advice, indeed. I think, many times, we all want to do so many extra things to our cars instead of just the normal stuff and simply enjoy it!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Nice vic.welcome to.gmn are you from mo?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                  X