Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with crownvic.net?

Hi Everyone,
    I went searching for a forum to talk about these cars a few months ago and found crownvic.net. didnt see this one because that one popped up first. Tried registering but didnt get approved even now 3 months later. Tried again a week ago with a new username and email...now a week later still no approval. What is up with that? Our of frustration I went looking for another forum and found this one. Glad to see there is somewhere to discuss. Anyone have any insight into what is wrong with the other site?
    Thanks

No idea. I sort of remember it taking a while (not that long though) to get approved way back when I signed up in 06 or so but I'm almost never ever over there anyway. This site has way more info for boxes.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Basically there's only one guy who has the power to approve users over there and he's semi-retired from the forum. For reasons even the CVN moderators don't pretend to understand, he refuses to let anyone else approve users. So you get a guy who is on the site once every month or 3 as the sole gatekeeper for new members.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
        This site has way more info for boxes.
        x2

Plus a way more mature atmosphere. CVN is comprised mainly of kids attempting to hotrod old police cars.

Comment

Bunch of Deuches.. Plus it's gets tiring looking at P71s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ what they said.

'93 T-bird
            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
            '88 Mark VII
            '86 CV

Comment

Gotcha. Well I have a late model mgm so the site definitely looked relevant to me but unfortunately I cant contribute. Really interesting. Their site would obviously be much much busier if they allowed all new members instant access. I dont see the downside. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I've never been approved... and I tried to sign up a couple months before I found this place. 4 years later... meh.

and there's a story behind it all too. kinda funny in an ironical way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Tried to get on there, myself, a few years ago but never heard back. Maybe our "applications" got lost in a time warp. I hereby nominate those boys for government positions. Losing stuff is a prerequisite so they are well equipped!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by bootleggedfirework View Post
                    Gotcha. Well I have a late model mgm so the site definitely looked relevant to me but unfortunately I cant contribute.
                    There are many people here who have the more 'modern' panther and know their stuff so don't be afraid to ask when you need some info.

You can still find good info on cvn using their google search function on the main page that works quite well. That's actually better than posting and asking a question there.... then you won't have to waste your time with the immaturity and sarcastic replies.

Comment

Welcome! You're going to like it here.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                      X