• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wheels are going to look good on that wagon

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

I ran those wheels on my car for a few years with the spinner caps. 1.5" spacers are the ticket.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by exacto83 View Post
        Also found some 05 mustang rims - the exact ones I wanted with a retro look and "spinner" cap. Picked the whole set up for $200! Need 2 tires and I MAY have already located my spacers for a good deal on Craigslist. gonna try them on before I buy them so my fingers are crossed hard that they fit. I knew they wouldnt go on, but in my head I needed to understand WHY they wouldnt go on. Never dealt with spacers. Gave me a good excuse to look at the mock up with it hanging from the hub though.

Make sure to get hub centric wheel spacers and not regular generic ones.
        Personally I hate spacers, but you gotta do what you gotta do, make sure to get a quality set.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Thanks all for the advice! I found a wheel shop that hooked me up with what I needed. I will add spacers to bring the back wheels out too, I think, in the future. For now I just wanted to get them on. Here's the pics. I really dig them!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1277181Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523.jpg
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1277182Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0526.jpg
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1277183Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1277184

Now I jut gotta get the nose down a few inches so I'm not 4 wheeling

Comment

Dear fellow wagonman,

Welcome. A couple things to look out for.
            Make sure your alternator connections are clean and in good condition.(You'll want to change the alternator soonish), Also, if your base model has A/C, crawl underneath the front passenger side and check the frame. Coolant drip can rot it.

Donald McCaig

Comment

Originally posted by dmccaig View Post
              Dear fellow wagonman,

Welcome. A couple things to look out for.
              Make sure your alternator connections are clean and in good condition.(You'll want to change the alternator soonish), Also, if your base model has A/C, crawl underneath the front passenger side and check the frame. Coolant drip can rot it.

Donald McCaig
              Thanks Donald!! I'll do that this afternoon. Any advice on what to do if there is some corrosion on the frame? Should I sand and spray with some rust stopper or something? I appreciate the advice!!

Comment

Depends. If you haven't got Rust there, lucky You. run a tube from the bottom of the A/C condenser so condensate discharges where it can't collect on the oil/grit of the frame. If you have rust depends how bad. I've plated my frame. If it breaks over the wheel, not good.

Donald McCaig

Comment

Holy moly no spacers in the rear! Looks super extra silly. lol Will still look silly with the 1.5" spacers. Been there done that. I finally got tired of the 05 Mustang V6 wheels and tossed them for factory HPP's and CV Sport wheels. Your wheels will look right at home once you get some rear spacers on.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Holy moly no spacers in the rear! Looks super extra silly. lol Will still look silly with the 1.5" spacers. Been there done that. I finally got tired of the 05 Mustang V6 wheels and tossed them for factory HPP's and CV Sport wheels. Your wheels will look right at home once you get some rear spacers on.
                    Yeah I had already noticed even the stock rear wheels sat inside more than the fronts even without pacers. Why would anyone deign it like that?! The spacers and large wheels jut emphasize it more lol. Rear spacers are def in the works!

Comment

I don't know but you are absolutely correct about being inset already with the stock wheels.
                      ~David~

Comment

Looks good............like others said, would/will look better with the wheels kicked out or more tire..........
                        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Welcome, from Abilene!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this before? Nice wagon! The grille and the wheels do a lot for it.

1995 Grand Marquis GS
                            - 156k miles, three-tone until I find my paint
                            1990 Toyota Camry DX - 211k miles, someone else's future barn find
                            1994 Saturn SW2 wagon - wife's car

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            I'll make it fit.
                            I own hammers.

Comment

Working...
                            X