Panther N00b, 05 MGM LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panther N00b, 05 MGM LS

Hello everyone, I have a daily-ish (work from home a few days a week) driven 05 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. Car had a rough few years before I got it, needs a serious paint correction. I've had to make some wiring repairs, it really could use a set of wheels since the originals have corrosion and peeling clear. Dark Toreador Red with a light gray leather interior, overhead center console, power passenger seat, auto climate
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brewzer55; 10-02-2022, 11:17 PM.

Nice and WELCOME! Do you have a question?
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
        Nice and WELCOME! Do you have a question?
        Well, what's a good way to repair the chrome strip across the trunk lid?

It seems to be coming off of the backing.

This is the first FoMoCo product I've ever had, every thing else has been a GM product.

Comment

Likely just have to replace it. It's part of the entire rear reflector panel. You might find some on Ebay.
          Last edited by FordMan77; 10-03-2022, 10:16 PM.
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Maybe I can try some sort of epoxy and small clamps first. Also, the damn front cupholder, are these just that fragile that every one of them on Ebay is $100+ or should I see about 'yarding one? I live in Columbus, OH and we have yards, just getting there when they're open.

Comment

Welcome!
              On the cupholder, junkyard is your best bet and you'll find many of them have the cover broke off.
              I actually upgraded the cupholder in my '98 to the '03+ cupholder and got mine from the junkyard for a reasonable price. Don't recall how much I paid but much much less than $100, probably less than $30.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
              X