Liquidating project vehicles: 1987 LTD CVLX 2-door, 2007 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquidating project vehicles: 1987 LTD CVLX 2-door, 2007 Town Car

I would like to pass these project vehicles on to someone who will appreciate them and see them through to completion. In the last 10 years my priorities and goals have changed, in addition to spreading my resources too thin on multiple hobbies. Moving forward, my focus in the automotive hobby will be maintaining and enjoying my '85 Cartier and '87 LTDCV sedan (the Sand Box).

First is the '87 LTD Crown Victoria LX 2-door. I bought the car in 2014 and was in the process of converting it to a 5-speed with '96 Explorer GT40 engine. The car had 90k miles on it, the original lopo and AOD were sold after I pulled it. Body is extremely good, rust free and straight. Looks just as good underneath. The dark grey is original and the silver appears to have been resprayed. The door panels and original rear bench are a bit faded but I have very good Mustang buckets (that match the paint and pinstripe!) and a mint '89 Grand Marquis rear seat. I bought the donor '96 Explorer running and driving, and pulled the engine/trans myself. The truck had 255,000km on it (160k miles) but was well maintained. ECU and wiring harness are complete. The T-5 transmission was rebuilt by Rick (T5 Specialties) in Dorchester, ON in 2014. It has the low first gear, hardened input shaft carrier and other improvements. 302 bellhousing and fork are included, I never did get around to buying a clutch. The 3-pedal setup is mostly complete with the exception of reinforcement on the firewall for the cable adjuster. I do have the grille and headlight bezels, I can't recall exactly why I removed them 9 years ago.

My other project is a 2007 Town Car Signature Limited with 164,000km (102k miles). I bought it from an elderly man in fall 2019 with the intention to daily it. Body is decent, with the usual "granny scrapes" on a couple bumper corners. I repaired the usual HVAC air intake housing leak before it did any damage to the floor pan. It did not see much winter driving in its life, was driven to Florida in the winter since it was a year or two old. However, the reason I stopped driving it (besides the start of the pandemic in 2020) is that the bottoms of both rockers need significant repair, about 2ft of inner and outer rocker on both sides. Looks like this is a fairly common issue with the sunroof Townies. I was going to have repair panels made and weld them in but this has not happened yet. The car also needs either a new air suspension compressor or a plastic line repair between the compressor and bags, the compressor runs but the bags do not air up. I also believe the AC leaked down in the past couple of years, it did work when I bought the car. It needs an actuator for the vent mode door as well.

The cars are located in southern Ontario just northeast of Waterloo. I live in Guelph, ON and the cars are at my shop about 25min away. Please contact me if interested and we can discuss price, more pictures/info etc. I don't have pictures of the '07 at the moment, they are on a different computer. I will post some pictures of that car shortly.

Last edited by RyPow; 01-16-2023, 02:40 PM.
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)
Working...
X