X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
    Rear Swaybar?

Thanks, George
    you're local to me, if you want to come on up and pick it up as long with anything else i'd be ok with that

AC was ice cold and worked quietly

Comment

Feel like breaking out the sawzall and cutting off the lower parts of the rear quarters behind the wheel? If so, and provided it's not rusted, I'll draw up some diagrams of what I need. Thank you
      Nick
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
        Feel like breaking out the sawzall and cutting off the lower parts of the rear quarters behind the wheel? If so, and provided it's not rusted, I'll draw up some diagrams of what I need. Thank you
        Nick
        send photos please, protegegarage@gmail.com

Comment

-What kind of shape are all 4 door seals in? Any splits in them and do they still seal well?
          -Does it have the third row seat?

May also be interested in the wood grain trim and a couple of miscellaneous trim pieces that go around the window frames. Can you PM me your address so I can see about how far you are away from me?

Comment

Originally posted by LTD86 View Post
            -What kind of shape are all 4 door seals in? Any splits in them and do they still seal well?
            -Does it have the third row seat?

May also be interested in the wood grain trim and a couple of miscellaneous trim pieces that go around the window frames. Can you PM me your address so I can see about how far you are away from me?
            i am in round lake, illinois. from joliet that is about an hour and a half. door seals are in great shape. third row seat is excellent.

Comment

I need the cable for the tailgate (the one that comes into play when you open it like a real tailgate). Mine's rusted and broken.

91grandmarquis: Wagons use unique rear wheel well mouldings - regardless if they are wooded or not. Thought I'd mention it so if you find a wagon with good ones, you can snatch them up and send them to me! I've got a bent and cut sedan one on my wag right now because that's all I could find. Only sedans will work for you. Fronts interchange wag or sedan.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Pictures sent
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  I need the cable for the tailgate (the one that comes into play when you open it like a real tailgate). Mine's rusted and broken.

91grandmarquis: Wagons use unique rear wheel well mouldings - regardless if they are wooded or not. Thought I'd mention it so if you find a wagon with good ones, you can snatch them up and send them to me! I've got a bent and cut sedan one on my wag right now because that's all I could find. Only sedans will work for you. Fronts interchange wag or sedan.
                  i have that.

to everyone interested, sorry been busy started a new PT job. i'm picking up a replacement GMQ tomorrow (yay!) not a wagon (boo). and then the stripping will commence in earnest.

Comment

Waitaminute ... I just saw the other thread. Was the light frontend hit really the only problem with the car?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Waitaminute ... I just saw the other thread. Was the light frontend hit really the only problem with the car?
                      it rendered the car undrivable actually after weighing my local options, it was cheaper for me to pick up another car, swap over my explorer setup and part out / sell the other stuff.

the car had some other nagging issues. body mounts were worn out, suspension was never right despite the parts and effort, a collection of minor ones.

i already picked up a sedan which is in nicer shape than my wagon was, so .... yeah

Comment

Undrivable, how? Did it damage the front suspension, or was the fender just hitting the tire?

Comment

Is the windshield OK? (no chips). If so, are you able to remove it? I have never removed one before and wouldn't want to ruin it. I'm local down in Warrenville and could pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                            Is the windshield OK? (no chips). If so, are you able to remove it? I have never removed one before and wouldn't want to ruin it. I'm local down in Warrenville and could pick up.
                            i'd rather wait until more stuff is taken off of it before the windshield is taken. it is chip and crack free.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKRM View Post
                              i'd rather wait until more stuff is taken off of it before the windshield is taken. it is chip and crack free.
                              You won't sell me a windshield until other people buy more stuff? Doesn't sound like good business to me. OK, I'll look for one somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
                                You honestly think it makes sense to try to ship a windshield from a 20 year old car?
                                See above ... I thought we all knew that neums lives near Chicago, though admittedly it'd be helpful if people would PUT THEIR LOCATIONS ON THEIR PROFILES.

Also, you never know - if you happen to live somewhere where absolutely no one keeps them around, or they make sure that every car that gets to a junkyard has a cracked windshield, it just might be worth it to ship a good one.

I'm still curious about what exactly renders the vehicle "undrivable".

Comment

Working...
                                X