This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom View Post
    You're just digging your hole deeper, ain't you?

No one on this site is going to buy your car, considering what you just told us. Either you're a really good troll, or just really really fucking stupid. I'm going with the stupid.
    Seconded. You just willingly admitted to fucking someone on this car, and on top of that, openly admitting that the car is not that great:

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    he looked underneath the car and said wow it's not rusted out at all(LMFAO in my head as he said that) the guy is dumb enough not to notice there are no cats and the is a rust hole.
    That tidbit is enough to turn away just about every (intelligent) buyer imaginable. I was even a little on the fence considering this car, but now, I just would have nothing to do with it. And I surmise I'm not the only one.
    1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
    1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

Originally posted by flyb0t View Post
      Seconded. You just willingly admitted to fucking someone on this car, and on top of that, openly admitting that the car is not that great:

That tidbit is enough to turn away just about every (intelligent) buyer imaginable. I was even a little on the fence considering this car, but now, I just would have nothing to do with it. And I surmise I'm not the only one.
      i just realize the stuff i said was very shitty and rude. i called him and told him about the no cats and the rust hole on the phone . so i took the car over and he looked it over and said he has the money to replace the cats and the rust hole he has a relative in the frame shop business so he said he can get that fixed pretty cheap. i feel better now that i told him what was wrong and didnt screw him over cause i felt wrong about that. so all and all getting it inspected and he will be buying the car.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

kid just texted me and said he will reimburse me for the inspection costs. This is a sweet deal so hell yeah i will get car inspected. Wish me luck on passing inspection.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

My jaw will hit the FLOOR if it passes emissions without cats.

Time to compare NJ's smog laws to PA's... I expect to see the test results in person when I look the car over, if/when it's inspected.

EDIT: Pennsylvania. Not California. DURR
          Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM.
          1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
            My jaw will hit the FLOOR if it passes emissions without cats.

Time to compare NJ's smog laws to PA's... I expect to see the test results in person when I look the car over, if/when it's inspected.

EDIT: Pennsylvania. Not California. DURR
            well i will gladly give you the results. up in pa they only do gas cap check and visual check under the hood for emissions stuff. no sniffer test it passed last year with no cats lets see if it does it again. NJ has much harsher emissions i hated getting the car inspected in jersey cause the inspection places are such douchebags.

this is the first time i am selling a car so would love pointers and helpful hints i really dont know how to sell a car.
            Last edited by MattsLincoln; 09-18-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you understand then, just what kind of situation ownership of that vehicle would place me in.

Carry on; good luck with safety and "visual" emissions. NJ doesn't use California's grade of emissions REQUIREMENTS, but they do sync with Cali in emissions PROCEDURES. That includes under-body mirror and the sniffer.
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

i forgot to ask you mang what happened to the 86 GM.

Comment

Couldn't you technically find some place like Jiffy lube and just pay them to pass your car? Because even if it passes without cats, it's going to fail with that frame. I know it's unethical, but then again so is selling something that you think is junk to a kid lol. I've never personally sold a car either, although I've painfully watched many panthers go to the junkyard, so my advice for you in selling your car would be DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT SCRAPPING IT, THAT'S THE STUPIDEST IDEA I'VE EVER HEARD OF. Please for the love of God if the kid doesn't buy it just lower the price and someone who doesn't plan on crushing it will

sigpic

Comment

1. I doubt your Dad knows that your car doesn't have cats.
                    2. You're a dick.
                    3. I doubt your Dad has seen the frame in it's current condition.
                    4. You're a dick.
                    5. He's probably going to come and shoot you when he finds out that's not all of the problems with it.
                    6. You're a dick.

Comment

At least you are owning up to some of the flaws with the car, and to being a dick. Just remember standard professional business practices, and don't be a tool anymore.

Comment

Midnight Drifter, PAs state inspection depends on what area in the state you are. The county where Matt lives in, is an anti-tampering county. Which means, all emissions equipment must be present, and appear to be working. A respectable shop would not pass that car, due to the fact that the cats are obviously not there. The frame would fail for the safety inspection.
                        Now in other counties, such as Philadelphia county, a dyno inspection would be needed for emissions. This features a virtual roadtest on the dyno with the sniffer monitoring the gasses coming out of the tail pipe. This test basically makes you take some low speed driving, anywhere from 15-25 miles, including an increase in load to simulate climbing hills, and also a highway run which is at 55mph. If it fails for too much CO, too much NOx or too much HC, it fails. These counties also require a safety and antitampering test. This is assuming you have a 1995 or older car.

NJ uses a 2 speed idle emissions test. Start engine, rev it to 2000rpm, they take readings for HC and CO. Then they let it idle, and take the readings again. If it fails either, it fails. Also has a visual anti tampering test.

Comment

When trying to sell a car:

1. Be honest...
                          2. Have a pre-inspection done, so you'll know the issues when a potential buyer asks.
                          3. Keep the car clean.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            3. Keep the car clean.
                            Truth. To any buyer, a wash and a well-done wax will do wonders for their interest.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              1. I doubt your Dad knows that your car doesn't have cats.
                              2. You're a dick.
                              3. I doubt your Dad has seen the frame in it's current condition.
                              4. You're a dick.
                              5. He's probably going to come and shoot you when he finds out that's not all of the problems with it.
                              6. You're a dick.

Ah let me rephrase that for you.

1. My father knows the car has no cats.
                              2. i will not be a dick anymore.
                              3. My father saw the pics i took of the frame he knows it's bad.
                              4.2. i will not be a dick anymore.
                              5. he wont shoot me he doesnt know where i live and also he better be prepared cause my neighbors are good people to me and they are hunters being one of them having a frenesi 12 guage auto shotgun he is also a cop in my township. the kid wouldnt be stupid to pull that again.
                              6.2. i will not be a dick anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                                And let's face it... as it is, she won't pass the sniffer. Oh, and I go through towns that cops regularly cite me for no front plate. An expired/rejected sticker? HAHAHAHA. $250 fine, revoked registration which will THEN require taking the car to the nearest State Police barracks to have a DMV officer inspect the vehicle and approve it for street use - all while you'd have to tow the car there at your own expense - and the cop has the option to tow the car and make the poor fool who drove it like that walk home.
                                Wow .... just wow. Sorry to hear that you live in a horrific police state! Granted, I have no idea what'd come of trying to drive an untagged car in MI, but still. Any chance of convincing your state legislators to do something about it?
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X