Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 towncar It's time for it to go (Northern Indiana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 towncar It's time for it to go (Northern Indiana)

before this gets parted and scrapped, figured I'd see if anyone was interested.

1987, black with black leather interior, sunroof.
    3G 200 Amp alternator, 0gauge wiring
    Headlight conversion (uses new bulbs/relays)
    Class 3 hitch with 7 way plug (never added a brake booster) Coil over shocks and tow springs - I've just used it to pull trailers the last couple years.
    Infinity Kappa speakers all around, Sony head unit, (some little fuckers cut my amp out of the back seat so the rear deck speakers aren't hooked up)
    etc etc.. car looks good, rust free. Has a few paint chips on the hood from acorns, and the top has little tiny rips from pine needles.

To make it a good driver, it needs a battery, new tires, and the rear seal on the trans (I have the seal just never put it in)

I'll get pics posted if anyone is interested. Otherwise I'll part it out and scrap it.

looking for $1500

SuperFord Profile
    Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
    -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
    -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
    -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
    Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

wow, I haven't been here in FOREVER lol

SuperFord Profile
    Support safe sigs

-sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
    -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping

Comment

Wow.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Pics would be cool.

Where in Indiana are you? Im from the NW side of the city.

George
        1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
          Pics would be cool.

Where in Indiana are you? Im from the NW side of the city.

George
          I'll grab some pics tomorrow if it's not raining. I'm in Elkhart

my superford profile has some pics. It looks pretty much the same, it has the mods listed too. I'll still get pics though too.
          Last edited by grimor; 09-21-2011, 10:18 PM.

SuperFord Profile
          Support safe sigs

Comment

Cool, thats not a bad drive really. I'm in Hammond/Gary all the time for work, so maybe we can set something up if you dont sell it right away.

George

Comment

Oh,

Door bottoms, and rear 1/4's, and the underside would be awesome.

Thanks!

George

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                Oh,

Door bottoms, and rear 1/4's, and the underside would be awesome.

Thanks!

George
                ok, I'll get em today. You'll be happy with the lack of Indiana body work (rust) lol

SuperFord Profile
                Support safe sigs

Comment

the doors have a little surface rust at the end of the door i didn't notice, a little sandpaper and paint would bee a good idea. The under body is very solid.

SuperFord Profile
                  Support safe sigs

Comment

looks like the usual suspects... what's the deal with the red lines to the air box? This thing I have not seen before.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks for being so quick.

Ditto on the red lines?

Well when are you free to take a look at it. Tuesday by any chance?

Comment

Those red lines look like the 0 gauge wire that feeds the 3G alternator, and thats a 175amp taurus fuse if I'm not mistaken Cool idea to mount it there.
                        1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

"I see" said the blind man. Long cord around the front header panel. I'd have never thought to mount it there either. makes it look clean though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                            "I see" said the blind man. Long cord around the front header panel. I'd have never thought to mount it there either. makes it look clean though.

That's pretty clever. I'd do it if I were keeping the stock airbox.
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

You are correct about the 0 gauge wire. There is a 't' on the right fender to run the 0 gauge back to the trunk, etc.. I never got around to moving all the cables off the battery, I got really unmotivated when they tried to steal my amp and cut all the wires.

I got a few pics of the interior I'll post when I get home. The more I get back into looking at the car, the more I want to keep it hahaha

SuperFord Profile
                              Support safe sigs

Comment

Working...
                              X