Matchbox Version of my Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matchbox Version of my Car

Just found this, and it was so epically cool, I had to buy 3 of them for my collection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATCHBOX-59-...item564468d7f3

Looks just like my '88. Not quite as spot on or detail orientated as the Revell model kits are though. Wish they would come out with some Box Panther models other than the Police Interceptor.

Still very cool to have a Matchbox version of your car!

nice! I've always wanted a model/toy of a car of mine. Closest I've found is an almost-perfect 1/18 of my dad's old 85 GT coupe.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

yea i got that one

i also have a mark VII lsc minature

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Cool.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

got one of them too. the plastic model kit of the mark VII is pretty bad ass too. also, look up on e-bay for mark VI diecast models. they come from china but, not bad quality.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            nice! I've always wanted a model/toy of a car of mine. Closest I've found is an almost-perfect 1/18 of my dad's old 85 GT coupe.

Same here. Somehow having any 1:** scale model of your car, makes you appreciate the 1:1 that much more.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            got one of them too. the plastic model kit of the mark VII is pretty bad ass too. also, look up on e-bay for mark VI diecast models. they come from china but, not bad quality.

I'm thinking about buying one of these resin models. Unfortunately it's a sedan model, but it still would be cool to have. The detail looks pretty good in the pics. That one listed is in china, so there's no way they are getting my money. Might bite on the one for sale out of the UK though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-Resin-Mo...item256ad122a3

Comment

i have the 87 turbocoupe model.......got it in 88, not sure if i ever completely finished it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                i have the 87 turbocoupe model.......got it in 88, not sure if i ever completely finished it

Well, looks like you beat me to it then. I didn't get to it until 22 years after that, lol.

Ending up painting my model Dark Toreador Red Metallic, just like my actual car.

Comment

Working...
                X