X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln Mark VI Dealer Brochures

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Lincoln...item3f17fe6e80

For all the MKVI owners/admirers here.

I just bought one of these brochures from this guy, and can confirm that his brochures are NOS quality. Mine looked like it had never been opened from it's original packaging or even exposed to air (still had that fresh printed smell), and is nice enough for me to be able to display with the car at shows. If you are looking for this brochure, don't hesitate to buy one of these from this guy!

i gots one. i also got two copies of the 1980 lincoln continentals. one is a US version, the other is a kanadia version.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I love these quotes from the brochure. I've been in all the classic Mark series cars II-VI, and #1 is definitely true. #2 is just an opinion, but I do agree with it 100% myself.

"For Luxury, it surpasses even the legendary Marks of the past."

"Styling that surpasses even the legendary Marks"

Comment

I like the VI, mainly because it's Panther based, however, IMO the V is the best looking most well appointed Mark. The 79 Collector's and 78 DJE are some of the nicest interiors ever placed into an American car.

I rank them in this order.

V
        III
        VI
        IV

I'm not including the 56-57 Mark II as that is an entirely different class of vehicle.

I kick myself in the ass quite frequently for turning down a nice driver quality 79 Collector's Series for $2500 a few years back
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

My favs in order are:

III
          VI
          II
          IV
          V

IV & V are definitely the homeliest of the bunch imo, I can say that much for sure. I really don't care for the styling of the Mark V at all, it's a little too Disco/Pimp Daddy for my taste. It will probably be the last piece I add to my Mark collection. I wouldn't kick a '79 Towncar CS outta bed though!

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
            . I really don't care for the styling of the Mark V at all, it's a little too Disco/Pimp Daddy for my taste.
            I can see that, probably why I like it.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
              I can see that, probably why I like it.

Cool, to each their own of course, but when you finally get one, and are steppin out on the town for the night in it, just don't forget your Leisure Suit.

Comment

Working...
              X