A good lookin' pair of 80's LTD's on Craigslist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
    We did, after looking at it I offered 3500 on the spot (couldn't foot the 4k) and the owner wanted the 4k or nothing. That car was seriously perfect. No rust, started just as easily, and it has absolutely zero options. It was originally a slicktop but the owner had a vinyl roof installed. It had the clock delete, no granny trim, no hood ornament, etc. After we offered the 3500 cash the woman managing the sales said she was done, the guys son hasn't been very cooperative, and he hasn't done anything and is just now showing up when everything is being liquidated. She wanted to sell it to me for free, but it was 4 or nothing. I'm lucky I was able to talk the 81 down to 2k.
    ...I meant three, not free. lol
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I know what its like to deal with difficult people. Atleast you got one of them. All in all, I still would have gone for the '81. Even though, the red sure is purdy. But, not many have a panther of the 1981 model year

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        I know what its like to deal with difficult people. Atleast you got one of them. All in all, I still would have gone for the '81. Even though, the red sure is purdy. But, not many have a panther of the 1981 model year
        Those were my thoughts as well, I've always wanted an older model year, which is why I jumped at that one first. The other one was immaculate so I at least gave it a try.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Great score on the '81, looks to be a beautiful car!

The red car is a beaut as well but I would have also chosen the '81...more rare (and also a nicer price).

I see that the red car has a few old man doodads....the kleenex dispenser, the woven summer driver seat pad, mudflaps.

Comment

Working...
          X