No announcement yet.

Nice squire wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I texted the number in one of the craigslist ads. Reply was its his sisters car. He gave me her email. I emailed her. She replied that the car was her husbands who died 3 months ago and wanted to sell it because it brought up bad memories. She said another potential buyer had a loan fall thru for the car even though healready had paid for shipping and the car is now in a shipping container. She offered to do a ebay protection plan and that since shipping was already paid all I would need to do is send my delivery info for the ebay protection plan, the $1000.00 and the car would be delivered and I would have 5 days to decide if I liked it. If not it would be shipped back to her at her expense.
    I contacted Ebay and Ebay said the buyer protection plan does not have a time period and that ONLY cars listed on Ebay would have the plan offered.
    Ebay says this is a big scam ongoing on Craigslist. For shits and grins I am tempted to tell them I would like to have the car delivered to the local FBI buildings address as my bogus job and address.

Good call everyone.
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Now they've got your email and phone number... Be prepared for spam and more spam plus potentially them trying to hack into your account. Nice reconnaissance though. For me, if I'm not dealing with the person who's name is on the title of the car, no deal.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Before I bought my '98 I found an '03 LX sport that was beautiful. It had fairly low mileage and they were only asking 2500 for it. After emailing back and forth through CL, the "owner" told me the car was in Georgia and would be shipped to me. Wrong, scamtastic. I reported it to craigslist, job done. Shame too, it was a nice-looking car.

Comment

Working...
        X