Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matth825
    replied
    Thx! I’ll make sure to check that area when I find one to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Originally posted by matth825 View Post
    Looks like it may have already sold. I’ve tried reaching out to the seller a couple of times with no response.

The search continues to find another crusty daily driver!

What areas of the frame are the most prone to corrosion that should be inspected closely?

Passenger side front lower control arm mount area.... Common place for water to drip from the evaporator and such.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    Looks like it may have already sold. I’ve tried reaching out to the seller a couple of times with no response.

The search continues to find another crusty daily driver!

What areas of the frame are the most prone to corrosion that should be inspected closely?

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Yeah, since it's already a bit krispy from cancer there is no need to worry about it. If the structure where it counts is still solid, you can use that as a tool to beat them up on price. Then you can coat it frequently with Fluid Film or Krown to help stave the rust off.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Is the paint that shiny or is it just wet?

It’s fun to daily something that is past the point of “I feel bad for getting this car salty”.

Check the frame out really well.

Leave a comment:

• VicCrownVic
    replied
    It looks to be optioned the same as my mom's old '87 Country Squire. Same radio, I think, and it sounded great. She also had tripminder, ditch lights, and illuminated entry. Hers was also a tow package car. Too bad she wrecked it 16-17 years ago.

My soon to be retired winter DD was not in great shape when I got it in 2012. I don't feel bad for running it through 8 Michigan winters. The only offers the PO said he got were $300 or less from derby guys.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    I sent the seller a message and am trying to get pictures of the passenger side and the undercarriage. She is a little rough around the edges but the plus side to that is I could drive it during the winter time and not feel horrible about it. A good dousing of fluid film would probably slow the rust down.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Driver side fender is toast (rusted out) and no pic of the p.side. Still looks good from the oddly distorted pics provided.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Originally posted by bgreywolf View Post
    My favorite style of Ford radio, too. Although I usually replace the radios with more modern ones nowadays...one of those I might consider sneaking an aux input into (like I need another project).
    Mine too. If my aftermarket one gives me fits one more time, I'm putting my stock one back in, it'll talk to the aftermarket JBL amp just fine, won't sound as good but it'll look fantastic.. I'm at the point I drive the thing so infrequently that I forget about all the features it has, how to use them or adjust the equalizer.. I'm fucked if I have to disconnect the battery haha.. Impossible to forget how to adjust stuff with a good ole analog unit like that there though.

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
    You guys are making me want to go take a look at it now lol. He’s only about 6 hours away from me....would be a good weekend roadtrip.

I have been in the market for a new daily driver and newer cars just aren’t doing anything for me. Don’t mind my rambling...just trying to talk myself into it...

Do it! We'd love another car if we could justify it. That one has ditch lights too, didn't see that the first time. Much like my old '85, makes me miss it. I love the Fords with their gridded taillights and quad parking lights up front much more than the Mercury versions. It isn't often you see a Ford that well opted either.

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    replied
    1987 LTD Crown Vic on Craigslist

You guys are making me want to go take a look at it now lol. He’s only about 6 hours away from me....would be a good weekend roadtrip.

I have been in the market for a new daily driver and newer cars just aren’t doing anything for me. Don’t mind my rambling...just trying to talk myself into it...

Last edited by matth825; 03-09-2020, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bgreywolf
    replied
    My favorite style of Ford radio, too. Although I usually replace the radios with more modern ones nowadays...one of those I might consider sneaking an aux input into (like I need another project).

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Wow yeah, a Ford model with a Tripminder and illuminated entry, not to mention one of the optional vinyl tops. Some rust but worth looking at, the homeboys here would want $2,500 or more for that.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    For a Minnesota car that is in excellent shape and great price. Would not mind having that !

Leave a comment:

• matth825
    started a topic 1987 LTD Crown Vic on Craigslist

1987 LTD Crown Vic on Craigslist

Found this the other day while browsing craigslist.

It might make a good daily driver since it’s lived it’s life in the land of snow and salt. It could also be a donor car for someone wanting to SEFI swap an older car in better shape.

Working...
X