need power window regulator for 85 ltd 2dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need power window regulator for 85 ltd 2dr

car is 1985 ltd crown vic 2dr...need drivers side power window regulator....door has vent windows....in northeast ohio area if u got it lemme know thanx

You sure it needs the whole regulator, or is there just a problem with the motor? The regulator rivets into the door and its kind of a pain in the ass to change. It also seldom goes bad. The motors have little plastic bushings that fail, and are easily replaced.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well...the "center" track is missing...the rest is still there,but i dont think i can get just that one piece....window was broken out...and i think that part went bye-bye when they took out the broken glass

Comment

its riveted to the glass. If you get another window out of the junkyard or whatever, just take the track with it. The two arms on the regulator should have square bushings snapped onto a ball end, and those bushings just sit in the track for the glass. If the bushings are also missing, snatch those with the glass. I think the two doors also have a guide rod in there with two square bushings where the rod passes through the window track.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

oh...ok....i looked at the passengers side,but all i did was loosen the top of the interior panel to look and it wasnt clear...i just got the car......im wondering if that "track" piece off a 4dr would work?.....anyways,thats what i need....(that and a body shop manual...lol)........also,while im at it,im planning on "converting" the car to a 88-91 style coupe,i saw in another thead that someone said that its not a straight bolt on conversion in the rear...the only thing i see different is that some mounting holes need to be drilled,and the opening for the wire pass thru to the tail lamp is shaped different,it looks like swapping the decklid should be pretty straight forward,maybe im missing something?(i.e. not seeing some other difference,such as the contour of the decklid opening etc...?)

Comment

Working...
          X