Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a 2007 Town Car have an Idle Air Control Valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does a 2007 Town Car have an Idle Air Control Valve?

I started having a issue yesterday with the 2007 Lincoln Tow Car, as it would stall out when I put it in drive.

I've have had this in the past with the 86 Crown Vic, 99 Grand Marquis and my Dad's 2000 Grand Marquis. The remedy was a good cleaning of the idle air control valve.

However, I can't find one on the 07, and was wondering if there is one? On the back of the intake manifold (passenger side) there is a large (about 2" in diameter) disc shaped thing with a couple vacuum lines and a big steel tube screwed into the base of it. There are also two holes from it into the intake which sort of look like idle air control holes.

I did clean the MAF sensor, but it still has a bit of a weird idle (not quite so bad as to stall out, but runs about 1400rpm for about 30 seconds, then kicks down to about 500rpm. Doesn't quite stall, but seems a bit low).

Any thoughts?
    sigpic

Its got one, but I believe the thing you are looking at is the DPFE sensor for the EGR system. Find the hose on the rubber intake tube that doesn't go to the valve cover. That ought to be connected to the idle control motor.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

07 uses the electronic throttle body. There is no IAC. The electronic throttle body works as the IAC. The throttle body motor may have stripped a gear tooth or taken a dump on you. This change happened for all 05+ panthers IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If you ever clean out the throttle body, with the electronic throttle body, it requires a completely different procedure than the non electric TB's. If you force the butterfly open on the newer ones you will screw it up!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Electronic throttle? Ew
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just an example......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThmpO3ZPFw
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Uhhhhh!!! "New and improved" always seems to mean "less repairable and more expensive". Nevertheless, I'll give the whole thing a good cleaning and see where that goes.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Electronic throttle? Ew
                LoL, my thoughts exactly.

"... 100% electronic, wave of the future, Dude."

"Oh, I still [pull my throttle] manually."

[chuckles] "Of course you do."
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I gave the whole Throttle Body a good cleaning and as far into the intake as I could with MAF sensor cleaner, a rag and various screw drivers/handles to clean out a lot of carbon. the car seems to run better now than previous. Not 100%, but if it actually becomes a real issue (often stalling out when shifted into drive), I'll see about a Throttle Body motor/(probably whole throttle body) replacement.

I assume the motor is the assembly on the side of the throttle body that controls the butterfly valve.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yup.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                    X