No announcement yet.

Decent Mileage on the 4.6L Aeros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya i think somethings up with your car man. i deliver pizzas in my 96 mgm and get high 18 mpg and i have a bad o2 senser

Comment

i was getting 16-18 in town hotrodding my chipped/geared 97. i still got 25-27 on freeway runs
      GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
      1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
      99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
      03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

30mpg club here in my 95. My 04 PI gets 26ish if i keep my foot outta it.

Comment

I get about 19 mpg mixed highway/city driving. On the highway I get about 25
          R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
          Originally posted by MeanVic84
          Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

i rented a brand new grand marquis in 89 and i got 28 mpg
            when the towny had a lopo and 3.27's i got 25 mpg on a trip to cape cod

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I can get 15-16 in town out of my '93. I recently got 29 on the highway during a trip to NY.
              1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
              1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Yeah I agree sounds like somethings up. Does your car run fine? No misses/hard start/rough idle?
                When I had my '83 Caprice with a 305 and an un-tuned 4bbl carb i'd get 13mpg 95% city short-trips. My '98 Grand Marq. LS gets 17's beating on it a bit and low 19's normally around town. 21's on a 60/40% mix and around 24-26mpg on a 20/80% mix. But I have gotten as high as near 28mpg with like 95% Highway.
                Change your fuel filter and air filter for starters.
                1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
                1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

19.8 is a little low for highway mileage what kind of fuel have you been running?
                  R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                  Originally posted by MeanVic84
                  Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

i get 24 with 3.55 sucks still

Comment

hey thanks for al the input i think its just driving in the vicinity of NYC. ive done some long highway drives last month and even with about 30 mins of bumper to bumper traffic got 23mpg. i guess where i live there are too many stop signs and traffic lights to get decent mileage

Comment

Man, you guys suck; complaining about high teens/low 20's. I get about 20 MPG with mine. Highest EVER was 22 (95% highway), lowest was 12.5 (70% city, in winter).
                        With my current 20 mpg, my City/Highway ratio is 50/50.

-Rob
                        1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
                        Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
                        Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Sindelir
                          Now your issue is probably simple like it was on my 94 that I had, collapsed vacuum line up by the intake, kills your mileage and definetly does not help performance at all, check all your vacuum lines and make sure they look good, I bet one is collapsed thats what I think it is and thats a major factor, also check your o2 sensors and cleaning your MAF will not hurt but don't expect a major gain out of it. Collapsed line and Im sticking to it, ive seen it on 3 aero body vics
                          Our Aero had a deteriorated vacuum line behind the intake, which would cause it to stall and run badly. I think our aero gets some nice mpgs, but wouldn't know for sure cause our odometer's busted

Comment

Working...
                          X