Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sort of gas milage would I get with a 1999 CVPI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got new gears...Need to ask the guy I'm buying it from he put them in.
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post
      Look at the thermostat. DR side right behind ALT. If its mounted in Aluminum that " Crosses over" the rest of the intake you have a good one.

Replacing the doors will require help. The Fender will not. Certi-fit = SORTA-FIT

You will wanna search LCM ( Lighting Control Modual ) on the other site. They were manufactured with the MINIMUM gauge wire. If you can solder you'll be ok.

Before you put new fenders on think about spraying some undercoat on them, Then installing them.

All I can think of half asleep half cup of coffee.
      That car should already have the updated intake manifold on it.

Comment

Is the Updated manifold the plastic("pi") manifold I have been hearing about? and could I tell just by looking at it? It looks pretty new for a 999, but then again I never really looked at one up close and personal before...lol

And I heard that the fenders for the Aero are the same fenders, If thats right I could possible save a bundle by getting it from the U-pull-it...IF they have any.
        Last edited by interceptor1985; 02-07-2008, 03:20 AM.

Comment

manifiold difference:

look at thermostat. if under the housing it is black you have the plastic intake
          if its metal looking, its the revised model.
          the PI thing has nothing to do with it.

PI=performance improved which was on newer model panthers.
          PI intakes CAN be put on a 99 which does not have PI heads.
          if you can look behind the alternator and see a LOT of room between the engine block and the bottom of the intake its an non PI intake. if you see minimal gap you have a PI intake which is NOT likley, and definately not if it came directly from the police department and not a previous private owner and if its the black plastic intake still on the car since PI intakes all had the metal crossover

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

its a 99 and most departments keep cars for only a year or two at most...So if it was lucky it could have had the swap done.

Comment

i got a little prob with my plastic intake 2 but if u change it ur self its just a mater of taking things off and putting back on
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
                That website correctly lists my 87 as having a 4.9 liter V8.
                I just caught that, lol the true size of the 5.0!.....

Comment

Originally posted by tackleberry View Post
                  manifiold difference:

look at thermostat. if under the housing it is black you have the plastic intake
                  if its metal looking, its the revised model.
                  the PI thing has nothing to do with it.

PI=performance improved which was on newer model panthers.
                  PI intakes CAN be put on a 99 which does not have PI heads.
                  if you can look behind the alternator and see a LOT of room between the engine block and the bottom of the intake its an non PI intake. if you see minimal gap you have a PI intake which is NOT likley, and definately not if it came directly from the police department and not a previous private owner and if its the black plastic intake still on the car since PI intakes all had the metal crossover
                  NOPE

2001 PI panthers were all plastic (I have one)

99-2001 Mustang PI intakes are also all plastic.

There is about a 0.003848% chance of finding a PI intake on a 2000 or older car. Most mechanics would balk at any non bolt on replacments.
                  2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
                  2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc View Post
                    both my 99 and 2000 get about 19-20 at very best with 3.55 gears
                    got an early 01 with three fives and i get 24 topps with a tailwind

Comment

Working...
                    X