Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad fuel leak

1994 mercury grand marquis
    I rebuilt the engine and dropped it back in. I just started it up today and I idled it for a bit and it sounded alright turned it off and turned it on a few times. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't start (it turned but no longer started up) then I hear a very rapid dripping (more like a pouring) of liquid. I look under and put my hand out to catch the liquid and its gas. The gas is pouring from somewhere around the transmission cause the way its dripping is right in the back of the engine and dripping from the center of the transmission.. This worries me allot. I do not think that the dripping is coming from the engine itself but from a fuel line. I cant seem to narrow down exactly where though. Ill have to take a look at it tomorrow because it got too dark out. any ideas?
    Last edited by crimsonangel; 04-23-2011, 11:54 PM.

both fuel lines come up from the drivers side of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      both fuel lines come up from the drivers side of the car.
      ya I know that's what worries me because there doesn't seem to be any leak in the fuel rail and it seems the gas is coming from from the back center of the engine, so I'm a little confused about where the gas leak originates from. What are other possibilities if it isn't the fuel rail or fuel line? could something have broken within the engine that would cause gas to pour out?

Comment

not really. If the fuel is dumping, either theres a problem with the rail, or one of the lines feeding it. I suppose its possible an O ring on one of the injectors or one of the fuel line connectors failed but generally speaking those are not a problem unless someone has removed and re-installed the stuff. At worst, they seep slightly, not pour fuel out if they fail without being messed with.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Would anyone know what size are the motor mount bolts (mount to engine block) and where can I get a new set?

Comment

Working...
          X