2001 grand marquis cylinder 2 misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 grand marquis cylinder 2 misfire

Hello, newb here. Found y'all on Google and thought maybe I could get some help. I'll give all the info I know, so this might be kinda long, so apologies in advance. The wife was driving it and filled up at Walmart. Next day the check engine light comes on and its feeling sluggish so she takes it to O'Reilly on her way home to get a scan. It says cylinder two misfire. I replaced the coil on plug, the spark plugs and its all good for two days. Check engine light doesn't return but its running like it has a miss. I replaced the fuel injector, checked for vac leaks. Nada. The check engine light is now blinking and it sits and idles OK but as soon as the throttle is moved it runs rough. I'm hesitant to drive it if it has a dead cylinder, I live twenty miles from town so I don't know if its OK to take to the shop and get it checked so I'm kind of on my own. So, if there is something that I missed please let me know. Its a great car and I really would like to fix it as opposed to getting rid of it.

How many miles on the car? Quite possible that other coil on plugs have failed, you can pick up a set of 8 on ebay for ~ $60 shipped. I've had good luck with the ones from seller foreverunauto.

Don't get rid of the car and welcome to the forum! Great place for info and I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. It has 150k on it. I'm gonna drive it to town here in a bit to have it checked again to seen if its a new check engine code.

Comment

Working...
      X