Fuel tank question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel tank question.

Okay so Im buying a low mileage 97 Vic P73(base) and it has a leaking gas tank, what years of gas tank will interchange?

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
    1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

According to the parts list on RockAuto... it's a one-year tank.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      According to the parts list on RockAuto... it's a one-year tank.
      Fuck. Im guessing the tanks are the same between the Towncar, MGM and Vic?

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
      1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

yup.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

yup.
          Guess thats a good thing lol

Comment

you have at least 3 models to choose from... but tanks aren't that terribly expensive anyhow if you really need a new one.

Comment

you have at least 3 models to choose from... but tanks aren't that terribly expensive anyhow if you really need a new one.
              I need a new one to pass safety to get the Vic on the road.

Comment

Not sure about the 97s, but the older boxes were easy to change out. I've purchased four tanks from O'Reilly Auto parts and they price matched RockAuto on the very same Spectra tanks. Get some goggles, liquid wrench, your Rhino Ramps, and a floor jack. Should be a piece of cake. Watch out for rust in the filler neck and always replace the neck to tank gasket (doughnut).

Comment

what I meant is that a brand new tank from RockAuto probably won't be much more than what most yards would charge for one.

Comment

what I meant is that a brand new tank from RockAuto probably won't be much more than what most yards would charge for one.
                    Sorry, brain fart lol. My problem is shipping costs..a new tank from RockAuto with shipping is just a hair under $200

Comment

Ah. Point.

Comment

Working...
                      X