Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control problem

Cruise control don't work at all I checked my fuses and relays

Cruse control module by brake booster???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

+1 check the vacuum lines to the cruise servo if they still have vacuum lines going to them on the later models. Either the cruise servo, the wheel buttons, or the cruise module has issues if fuses are good and it doesn't do anything. Could be a dirty clock spring. Does yours have the "cruise" light on the instrument cluster when you turn the system on? If so, try moving the steering wheel to different positions and pressing ON. If it works in other positions, you probably just need to clean the clock spring... which requires pulling the steering wheel off. Disconnect the battery for at least 1 minute before touching the screws to remove the bomb (airbag) so it doesn't blow up in your face. Be sure to re-attach the bomb before reconnecting the battery for the same reason.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X