No announcement yet.

Replacement Valve Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My research says that all panthers came with Romeo engines; W is the 8th character in the VIN.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    GM did similar goofy things on the 4.3 V6, you had a Romulus engine or a Tonawanda engine. The cam bearings are different for some reason. Just seems dumb to me to have a nearly-identical engine made in 2 places that are not actually identical.
    For sure. There was also a balance shaft version of the 4.3 (maybe it was the vortec); I remember running into that years ago doing an S10 engine swap.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

^^^^^^^^8th digit on mine is a W. I will count the valve cover bolts to confirm though.^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Yes, the vortec 4.3 had a balance shaft (which you can remove if you where so inclined). The new 4.3 is a vvt, theres no mention of a balance shaft in them.

Comment

Working...
        X