"blade" style MAF conversation Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"blade" style MAF conversation Harness

Anyone one here try this MAF conversion harnesses? I have a 1997 CVPI with the old style 4 wire MAF. I'd like to get a 2005+ CVPI zip tube, airbox, and MAF. (yes a tune as well). Looks like this harness will let me convert to the 2005+ 'blade' style MAF. Thanks for any tips.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-ADPTVX/must...-adapter-96-04

The wire conversion is pretty easy. The air temp sensor is the outer 2 wires and the other 4 are the MAF. I'm using an 03-04 MAF on my 93 with a PI swap and 99 PCM. That adapter would simply require you to use the air temp sensor still instead of using the one built in to the newer MAF. The adapter should be pretty dead simple and work fine. The tune is really only needed because the amount of air is higher and needs the calculations adjusted for the larger size. You could mount your current MAF in the newer style slot if the bolts don't snap trying to extract them from the newer housing (unless it's one of those obnoxious all-in-one housing/MAF things... then yeah... just get that adapter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Great thank you Sly. Nice setup on your ‘93. Yes it’s the 2005 CVPI intake/MAF all in one things, so I’ll just pick up this adaptor.

Comment

Working...
      X