X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merc6
    Wow that sucks.
    No, it blows.

I was getting 23 mpg highway and 16-17 mpg city before the blower. That's what 4.10's, looser torque converter, exhaust and a tune will do.

I could probably get better city mileage if I kept it in a vacuum, but why? Let's just say I'm not all that concerned with fuel economy now.
    Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

no that wasn't ment to you my bad!

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
      2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Hwy, thaat car is probably a total BLAST to drive.

Surely one of the fastest marauders around...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by merc6
          no that wasn't ment to you my bad!
          No objection taken, just having fun. The thing is I can't even remember what kind of gas mileage I got when she was stock, but I sure was happy to see 21 mpg on the highway after I put the blower on and 39lb injectors. With the cruise on she'll pull a couple pounds of boost going up a hill without ever dropping out of overdrive. Way cool to cruise in.

Stalking the streets is a whole other side of her. It's just something you have to experience. Needless to say the grin factor has definitely been worth a few mpgs!
          Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

Good! if MPG is still decent maybe I'll look into buying a "Hairdryer" one of these days.

p.s. liked the video of your sig! the announcer sounded like he liked your car more than you lol!

Comment

2.73-25-26
              3.27-22-24
              3.55-21-22 these are from personal experiences. If I were you I would make sure it has the 2.73 rear end. Will save you some bucks as you drive 200 miles a day. That is about or at least 1/2 tank a day going 200 miles.

Comment

I get from 25-27 Hwy miles. Got a 2:73 rearend
                http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ROWNVIC002.jpg

Comment

to GMN. Nice looking Vic and Town Car.
                  Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                    :stupid:

My dad's old 96 Vic with 2.73s got between 26-33mpg
                    33 mpg in a CV?? Is it a hybrid?? lol :jawdrop:

My 95 with 2.73's gets 18 city and 25 highway in the summer.

16-17 city and 23-24 highway in the cold weather.

Oddly, it actually gets better highway milage at 75mph(27mpg) than at 70mph(25mpg). I think 18city, 25highway was the sticker milage for that car when it was new.
                    1995 Grand Marquis LS, digi dash, loaded
                    124,000 miles

Mods:99 PI steering gear, harsh rear IAS shocks, front KYB gas adjusts, HPP rims with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, Walker dual exhaust with direct fit Magnaflow cats

Comment

i went on a 7 hour road trip in my 94 vic with 3.08s and my buddy drove his civic. his civic averaged 28 mpg, my vic averaged 31 mpg. he was ticked! lol!

my 00 hpp with 3.55s will average btwn 24-27 mpg.

2000 HPP Mods
                      15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
                      9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Originally posted by BigJon
                        i went on a 7 hour road trip in my 94 vic with 3.08s and my buddy drove his civic. his civic averaged 28 mpg, my vic averaged 31 mpg. he was ticked! lol!

my 00 hpp with 3.55s will average btwn 24-27 mpg.
                        what was your speed vs his speed. I realized the 4cyls rev a hell of alot higher than the 4.6 at same speeds. I alos realized my 4cyl fights the tranny at 60 where I'm fighting the brake pedal in the merc to keep the car from steady climbing past 60.

Comment

yea that will happen, high revving engines and whatnot. my dads honda crv gets 25 on the highway and 25 in the city

Comment

Ive been getting about 20 mpg on average, but I just noticed that my EGR tube is cracked, Im guessing that can effect it negatively!

Comment

28mpg in a civic? what was wrong with it? On trips my 1.5L civic got 48-50 mpg. Compare that to my 2.0L mazda Protege 5 that got 24-27 on trips, the wagon got 19 (running really bad), and 87 vic with 3.73's and a TON of other mods that got 22-24....
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

some notes...clean the maf sensor...BOTH of them. in the air box and the zip tube. With some electrical cleaner can be found at any automotive store. takes 15mins to dry then reinstall and let car idle for 15mins..lower idle and engine runs so much more smoothly. Inflation on tires...shocks...alignment...cops/sparkplugs/wires.

I am using 24inch glasspacks on both sides and before the new tips I would get 23-27 with 3.55s on highway doing 55 on the dot. Since I drive 70-90 average I get about 20-24mpg Mind you I keep the od off untill 40mph or over. Nor will I use cruise control.
                                http://dreadfullydespized.net
                                This is a sig-nature.

Comment

Working...
                                X