X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p71towny
    Yeah, but I don't remember from what.

mark viii
    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

02 and up Explorer and Mountainees are aluminum as well.

And if you are filthy rich, the Ford GT uses and all aluminum dry sump 5.4L!
      Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 02-03-2007, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Hmmmmmm......perhaps I'll try Deal or No Deal and begin raising the funds. There is a website called www.50resto.com that supposedly has the equipment and crate engines to drop a 4.6L mod motor into a classic muscle car or Fox body Mustang. Maybe they can shed some light on older boxes. I'll give them a call sometime this week and see what they got.
        Packman

Comment

all the DOHC 4.6 modulars are all aluminum, including the marauder.

i would love to see one of those in a box. it'd be a tight fit tho but i'm sure it can be done
          LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta
            all the DOHC 4.6 modulars are all aluminum, including the marauder.

i would love to see one of those in a box. it'd be a tight fit tho but i'm sure it can be done
            WRONG... All the Marauder blocks are cast iron, as well as the Cobra's engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
              WRONG... All the Marauder blocks are cast iron, as well as the Cobra's engines.
              03/04 Cobra engines are iron, all the previous Cobra engines were aluminum.

I was thinking junkyard availability, which is why I threw out the Mark VIII, as they are more readily available and less money than a Cobra engine, even though they are basically identical with slightly milder cams.
              1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Working...
              X