Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "MZT" and some popular bolt-ons (Thanks dRock96Marquis)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djtb78
    replied
    this is great info, i just picked up a 96 mgm and it already runs fantastic. but one of my favorite passtimes is junkyard crawl, so more stuff to

look for!

Leave a comment:

• 98blackMarquis
    replied
    So my local (pull a part) has about 10 crown vics ranging from 98 -06 models,im hoping some of them are pi models,so what year pi vic would i wanna snag the airbox/80mm maf/zip tube out of to work on my 98 mgm.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Just carrier and gears (this may include a new set of clutches depending on if you get new or junk yard parts... though new is just about as much as a rebuild kit so meh.).

Carrier: http://www.adtr.net/store/index.php?...product_id=135

and holy zombie thread batman.

No worries about starting your own thread to ask these questions... we're not thread nazis around here... though if there's a sticky... you may get pointed to them.

Leave a comment:

• 01Townie
    replied
    I'm lookin to swap in 3.55's and a trac-lok in my 01 TC, it has the 3.08's and open diff. what other parts would i have to change/upgrade to do so?

Leave a comment:

• Grandmarchris
    replied
    Originally posted by watchdog View Post
    Ok. I know that my question has probably been answered here but I am a little confused. I have an 03 CVPI (stock) and I have been considering this upgrade. What parts do I already have and what do I need? I want to keep the upgrades mild on this car because it's my daily driver.
    What mod are you thinking about doing?

Leave a comment:

• watchdog
    replied
    Ok. I know that my question has probably been answered here but I am a little confused. I have an 03 CVPI (stock) and I have been considering this upgrade. What parts do I already have and what do I need? I want to keep the upgrades mild on this car because it's my daily driver.

Leave a comment:

• Grandmarchris
    replied
    Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
    About the only cool thing about running this on a box is having a good flowing airbox that looks stock. mrltd runs one.
    You box guys are speed density not maf right??

Leave a comment:

• Grand Marquis GT
    replied
    About the only cool thing about running this on a box is having a good flowing airbox that looks stock. mrltd runs one.

Leave a comment:

• Grandmarchris
    replied
    Originally posted by rellik god View Post
    i got the maruader airbox and 04 zip tube. what are the two holes for up by the throttle body im gonna put this set up in my 87 cv wag and if i dont need them how do i plug them up
    Honestly you would be better off selling that off and building your own..Your not going to see much gain with your car.. Only the 4.6 cars see the big gains

Leave a comment:

• rellik god
    replied
    i got the maruader airbox and 04 zip tube. what are the two holes for up by the throttle body im gonna put this set up in my 87 cv wag and if i dont need them how do i plug them up
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Grandmarchris
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan View Post
    I personally recommend going with a SCT tune. Lonnie at BOC can hook you up.
    The SCT set up is really nice if you want to mod a tune instead of sending the chip off to be reburned you can just send the tune via email and the tuner can modify it and send it back via email. The only bad thing is its $479.00 for the flasher plus the dyno tune. The diablosport CMR is only $299.00 + dyno tune

Leave a comment:

• Ryan
    replied
    I personally recommend going with a SCT tune. Lonnie at BOC can hook you up.

Leave a comment:

• Rizzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Grandmarchris View Post
    Yes those two chips can have a custom tune for any combo you ever wanted to run.
    Along with N20 and E85 if you wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Grandmarchris
    replied
    Originally posted by DriverSideImpact98 View Post
    Well the reason I'd need a tune is cuz I'm considering buying the MM airbox and an 80mm MAF. Would those 2 tuners work for reprogramming for the 24lb inj. set MAF?
    Yes those two chips can have a custom tune for any combo you ever wanted to run.

Leave a comment:

• DriverSideImpact98
    replied
    Well the reason I'd need a tune is cuz I'm considering buying the MM airbox and an 80mm MAF. Would those 2 tuners work for reprogramming for the 24lb inj. set MAF?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X