No announcement yet.

Gutting my cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4.6 benefits greatly from this mod!!
    Ive done 5.0s and it helps somewhat, but my 4.6 has the biggest HP/torque jump from this mod!!!

Comment

I plan on deleting the 2nd set of cats. probably have local exhaust shop do it. funny thing is I don't think they put my rear 02's back on after they installed new rear cats.

correction. they put the o2s in before the after cats.
      http://dreadfullydespized.net
      This is a sig-nature.

Comment

Well damn your rear cats look like a straight shot to gut them. Mine sucks but it is stock though.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
          Well damn your rear cats look like a straight shot to gut them. Mine sucks but it is stock though.
          Are you sure?
          It seems to me that the 98+ are even easier to gut then the cats on my '92!!

The rear cats especially are a str8t shot!!!!
          oh...BTW, congrats on getting "panther of the month"!!!

Comment

Look at the pics on the first page. I took a pic of them and there is a pretty extreme bend.

Comment

that can't be the rear cats... all panther exhausts have the rear cats level and then the pre cats are at the fucky angle/.
              This is a sig-nature.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadfullyDespized
                that can't be the rear cats... all panther exhausts have the rear cats level and then the pre cats are at the fucky angle/.
                right!!
                and even at that funky angle, if you take them off the car, you should still be able to get at them! Just try using a piece of rebarr or something narrow long and strong to get at the pre-cats

Comment

That pic is of the rear cat. The part that has the bend is after the rear cats. I know for a fact I cannot get a straight piece of rod in it to break it up. The fronts are not bad at all on mine.

Comment

That pic is of the rear cat. The part that has the bend is after the rear cats. I know for a fact I cannot get a straight piece of rod in it to break it up. The fronts are not bad at all on mine.
                    Im tellin ya, you can get at them for sure. You take em off, break the front one up from the front and the back one up from the back. You get at each cat from their respective closest opening.

Comment

Most older 01 and olde rcars, I have to use a torch to heat up the studs nuts to even thing of them threading off, and they sometimes snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyiroc
                        Most older 01 and olde rcars, I have to use a torch to heat up the studs nuts to even thing of them threading off, and they sometimes snap.
                        Did you live in the "rust belt"?

Comment

Even soaking it in PB Blaster for a couple of days before hand didn't work? I don't have access to a torch.

Comment

Even soaking it in PB Blaster for a couple of days before hand didn't work? I don't have access to a torch.
                            Do you know a mechanic who's not uptight about these things?
                            If so, then I recommend visiting his shop. Pay the couple of extra bucks to have your mechanic remove the cats so you can then gut them....'tis what I did!

Comment

I would just cut them off and then put pipe through it.
                              This is a sig-nature.

Comment

I made a set for a 96 Vic, custom bent to match the converter unit bends, with the flanges and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X