No announcement yet.

sagging suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D9AZ-5560-AE seems to be the non-obsoleted one to use for 98+ CNG cars... according to TSB Article No. 02-18-6
    found on the p71interceptor mirror site http://p71interceptor.info/

it's the 93-97 police springs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So I emoved the sand bags along with everything but my maybe 35lb tool box and my small jack maybe 20lb, my suspension still sags in back noticeably, about 1.5-2 inches lower than the front, any suggestions? it seems about .5-1 inch lower on the drivers side versus the passenger side and from what i can tell with my still black springs with still legible tags on them my springs shouldn't be shot. im at a total loss now

Comment

See suggestions above for alternate springs. Just because you can read the tags doesn't mean they aren't worn out. The fact that the back end is low pretty much says it all.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

part# for cargo coils (variable rate rear springs) CC865 Moog......$99.99 pair @ O,reilly

Comment

I don't have a sagging suspension problem, the car looks leveled... but it seems to me like the suspension is too soft, specially the back one.

It can also be the shock absorbers I heard. I don't know... It's that when I hit a sudden dip, some potholes or go up/down steep parking lot entrance ramps there's some slight scratching going on in the belly of the car. Hate that crap!

I looked under the car the other day and saw the coil springs(the conversion was made) but they seemed to me like a wider diameter spring, ones that would take less force to compress it(due to its diameter)... So here comes the question... Could that be a possible cause of a soft suspension? ... these Bigger springs?
            I'll try measuring the diameter and comparing it to other parts sold online to be 100% sure, but has anyone seen this kind of thing?

Comment

Working...
            X