Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poly control arm bushings sold individually vs buying complete ENS KIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poly control arm bushings sold individually vs buying complete ENS KIT?

Does anyone know of poly front upper/lower as well as rear control arm bushings being sold seperately? I see a lot of Moog and Mevotech part numbers on Rockauto, but they give no description of being poly although they lo glossier than rubber in photos. I may actually end up spending less buying individually than the $75 kit, and may even be easier to install with the metal sleeves included than burning the old ones. Btw, I have 2 sets of 00'' uppers civi and police. Which to use?
    87 Front lowers
    00'' Civilian or Police uppers. I have both sets.
    87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
    Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

much easyier to burn out ... metal sleeve bushing removal and install. shops price might be 30 to press out and insall 1 bushing. thats if you remove the arm
    Bushing on the top of the rear axle even more possibly. On another note in the rear its best to leave a soft bushing in one end a firm one in the other.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Cool thanks Turbo. You answered my question. You think burning the bushings out is definitely easier huhh.
      87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
      Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Working...
      X