Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD II Software

Good afternoon:
    Anyone with any software for laptop to check faults and live data with ODB II protocol, what software do you use?
    I have the ScanMaster, and have seen many to download free on the internet and then buy. but not if you have one to recommend is best for our Fords.

Thanks.

Originally posted by rodo77 View Post
    Good afternoon:
    Anyone with any software for laptop to check faults and live data with ODB II protocol, what software do you use?
    I have the ScanMaster, and have seen many to download free on the internet and then buy. but not if you have one to recommend is best for our Fords.

Thanks.
    What OS are you using? I bought a cheap obd2 pc reader from amazon, and use the included software. It was a total of $25-$30.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

The Operating System of my old laptop are Windows 7 home edition.
      I'm using the ELM 327 interface

I bought it in the mercadolibre.com.mx website is like ebay.com but here in Mexico.
      The interface included "ScanMaster" software and has helped me to see fault codes, delete codes and view engine parameters.

but I want to know if there is any software that you recommend to download and / or buy it.

Comment

Pretty much the included software has everything you need. You can try https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/touchscan TouchScan. It has quite a lot of good monitoring tools and you can get add-ons for manufacturer specific BS. Download the trial version to make sure it works with your scantool and check the functions it lets you check. Then if you want, you can buy it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

They have ones for Android. $13 on eBay

Comment

Working...
          X