2005 Grand Marquis Alarm/Electrical Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Grand Marquis Alarm/Electrical Issues

Discovered a quirk with my MGM last Saturday. After a bad thunderstorm (when the clouds broke and the sun came out), the alarm would randomly go off. I would shut it off and it would go back on, sometimes right after shutting it off. I drove it to Pep Boys because it was 6PM and that's the only place that had somebody who might possibly look at it. As I was driving, I can here relays or something clicking off in the dash somewhere and the horn would chirp, as if the alarm was trying to activate whilst driving. Played with it at home, but after 15 minutes of that alarm blaring, I took it back to Pep Boys and parked it there (business park, no neighbors to call the township). Took it to the dealership this morning and of course, no alarm or clicking of the relays. They called me a few hours ago and told me that there are no codes and when they played with the door sensor, they couldn't trip the alarm. We just had another round of thunderstorms and I am hoping that recreated the same conditions that I had on Saturday. Has anybody here run into that problem with these cars? It's the factory alarm, not aftermarket.

Packman

Typically turns out to be broken wire insulation or water getting to the door module harness or internals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Keyless entry? Remove the keypad and take it apart. If it's green or has water in it, replace it.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Okay, I will let the dealership know to look at those things. I would venture to pull that door apart; but I fear that like the Crown Vic, it won't be the same afterwards.

Packman

Comment

Dealership told me that the car did nothing the whole time it was there. Don't know how much fiddling around they did; but they said it was quiet and they got no codes off of the computer. So next time this happens, I will bring the car to one of my pplz and have them disconnect the horn. Problem solved.............somewhat.

Comment

Probably dried out and that is the end of it for now.

Comment

Thats always the case, drop it off for the mechanic and the intermittent problem fucks off.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X