Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

early aero Towncar digidash coolant temp sensor P/N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early aero Towncar digidash coolant temp sensor P/N?

Does anyone have an aftermarket part number for this darn thing? Parts store are an epic fail it seems, the only coolant temperature sensors they show are the one for the ECM and a single-wire one for the analog gauges. I thought maybe Ford actually decided to use some common sense on this one and use two of the same sensor, one for ECM and one for the digidash gauge, but the ECM one I got from the parts store ohms out at 32k while the EVTM says the digidash one ought to be around 13k, so I guess there goes that theory... Any help would be appreciated, this is a BS issue that shouldn't be an issue at all.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Probably the same problem for me getting that single pole sensor for my 93. No parts stores have that listed either. But I found it for a bronco. yeah... and the digi-dash one? unicorn. Gonna have to find someone with one so they can take pics and possibly read the part number off the thing. Or get really lucky in a yard.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

BWD WT386P or interchange to another parts vendor

Comment

John, pretty sure that's the ECM one actually. Advance has it in stock supposedly, gonna ohm it out and see what comes up.

Sly, "TU25"? Single pole for analog gauges, listed as a gauge switch or something stupid like that. But it should be the right one in your case, I just messed with one yesterday.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I think that's it. I know I did finally find one for my 93 and that sounds correct.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It doesn't use the same sensor as the analog gauges?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nope, digital is different from analog. Found a '94 in a yard today, grabbed its cluster for a future project, and while I was at it robbed the temp sensor as well - darn thing looks identical to the sensor used by the PCM. Ohmed it on the spot, came up with 22k. I got a new ECM sensor that ohms at 32k, EVTM calls for 13k, I figure 22 is closer to 13 than 32 is so I'll give that a shot. Two wire connector, one goes to the digidash and the other is ground (so it'll go on the lower intake somewhere).

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                one goes to the digidash and the other is ground (so it'll go on the lower intake somewhere).
                Wonder if it would be more accurate if the ground for the cluster and the ground for the sensor were the same ground.

Comment

It should be. Voltage differences between engine and cluster ground will screw it up.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gah you people suck! I was hoping for a quick easy fix for once, but nooo, you two just had to go ahead and ruin it for me! lol

Mkay then, where's the cluster ground at in a box? Cause the digidash uses the factory box grounds. I could look it up in the EVTM, but being lazy and asking is easier

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                      Gah you people suck! I was hoping for a quick easy fix for once, but nooo, you two just had to go ahead and ruin it for me! lol

Mkay then, where's the cluster ground at in a box? Cause the digidash uses the factory box grounds. I could look it up in the EVTM, but being lazy and asking is easier
                      My guess would be the ground tree that is located in the middle of the dash support.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        My guess would be the ground tree that is located in the middle of the dash support.
                        The EVTM agrees with you. Damnit, now I gotta find a nice routing for a single freakin wire that can't go into any factory harness. Gonna have to give it a connector too somewhere near the rear of the engine, naturally. Would have been so much easier to do when I had the upper intake off few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X