Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Plan

Ok so heres my plan if i keep my vic.

New timing chaine, New HO Cam and lifter's new Upper and lower intake, and a 650 4bbl carb swap. Head job Dual staight pipes breaks tires and a windsheld.

Now with that in mind, can any of you guys think of any other upgrades whille id be doing the timing chain cam and intake? And is there anything else i would need to replace along with theese part's

Lastly do you guys think you could help me with info?

I thank you all for your time.

D.K.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Originally posted by darkknight
    Ok so heres my plan if i keep my vic.

New timing chaine, New HO Cam and lifter's new Upper and lower intake, and a 650 4bbl carb swap. Head job Dual staight pipes breaks tires and a windsheld.
    D.K.

If you want to convert to a carb you only need 1 intake manifold. If you have a Fuel injection setup you will need an upper and a lower. And 650 carb may be a bit big if you are staying with a mostly stock motor on an HO cam.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Ok, so with the carb swap i just need a upper intake manifold? 600 4bbl? would that be small enough or do i need a 2 bbl?
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

No, you just need a carb manifold...A 500 or 600 cfm should be OK. You could go to the JY and snag a 2bbl (or 4bbl) setup off and old mustang or fairmont or whatever. Factory usually isn't a difficult swap. (and less tuning is needed)
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Cool, how many of these other parts can i snag from the junkyard btw? Ima write me a list down and hand them out to my family members and tell them if they spot one. Get it!

Dark :-D

Comment

Carb swaps are fun!!!!

heres a short list of what you will need

1.carb
            2.intake manifold(for a carb)
            3.Fuel pump(try to go with an electric in line pump as a mechanical pump requires a new timing cover)
            4.Ignition box(I really like my MSD 6a but you could go with an old duraspark)
            5.coil (I forgot if you could use the stock coil, but a new MSD blaster 2 is pretty cheap.)
            6.Distributor(You'll need an old duraspark form a pre 85 mustang with a 4bbl)
            7.Fuel line
            8.Lokar throttle cable,bracket,and TV cable.
            9.gaskets

I think thats pretty much it, you'll need odds and ends here and there, I may have left something out, but I have been pretty busy with football and such so I barely have any time to think.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

The intake and carb are worth getting-the mustang setup can be found on ebay prolly. The other stuff I would suggest getting new.

Comment

^_^ good lord, Humm two questions then. Whats the new fuel pump for, and if its for more flow woldent i want one in my tank instead of in line? Im asking this becase i was allways told the ones in your tank produce more preasure and feed more fuel.

And you have to run a whole new fuel line? May i ask why you couldent just re rought the old one? or by pass something? Agine im just asking.

But evreything else seems to be fun :-D

Thanks mang :-D

D.K.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight
                  ^_^ good lord, Humm two questions then. Whats the new fuel pump for, and if its for more flow woldent i want one in my tank instead of in line? Im asking this becase i was allways told the ones in your tank produce more preasure and feed more fuel.

And you have to run a whole new fuel line? May i ask why you couldent just re rought the old one? or by pass something? Agine im just asking.

But evreything else seems to be fun :-D

Thanks mang :-D

D.K.
                  You need a carb fuel pump cause the stock one puts out 40psi, a carb only needs like 7psi any more than 10 and it will flood. I ran new fuel line only cause I didnt want to try to hack together rusty fuel lines and I couldnt find a way to run a connection to the carb. Its really easy accually. The only hard part is dropping the tank and removing the old pump and putting a piece of line in its place.

Comment

Fuel pump or a decent regulator.

Comment

Ok cool, :-D it does sound like fun, what dosent sound like fun how ever is the engine part ARG! Sounds like alot of cussing is fixing to be. along with sweat and blood :-D But hey. if it's worth it why not.

Also i take it the rest of that stuff is just bolt on type dill's? with the cam and lifters ?

Thanks agine guys :-D

I got a preety big list of shit i need :-D

Comment

If you want to be cheap, just get a 2bbl and use the CFI manfold you already have.

Cam requires that you remove the valve covers, unbolt the rocker arms, remove the pushrods. The intake has to come off so the lifters can be removed. Once thats out, the accessories have to come off, the water pump comes off, timing cover comes off, timing chain, then finally you can remove the cam gear and unbolt the retainer to slide the camshaft out.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

don't forget some E7TE heads from a mustang!
                          1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

If it is an '85, it probably is NOT a factory roller lifter capable block. Your cam needs to be a flat tappet cam.
                            With that heavy car, you should be doing gears along with any cam swap or you will not see much benefit.
                            A cam with those heads is not going to be a huge power gain either. If you were to swap in an Explorer motor with a carb intake, you could leave the cam alone and have a decent engine.

Comment

Are you planning on adding headers? Those are always good. I found a set of Mustang shorties for $20 on eBay. Just something to consider as long as you're climbing into the engine bay anyway.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                              X