give me an honest answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
    other GMN people told me between 15-20 hp...that's what I based it off of.
    and if he's in there anyway, lifters would be a good idea.
    I'm running stock lifters on springs with 165lbs closed/495lbs open and they have 330,000Km on them in the Mustang........

Also running stock lifters in the "LHO".

1.7 roller rockers are good for 10-15HP.
    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

ok, so the rockers are good for around 15hp, in either case...
      I always thought that lifters were a good idea if you're swapping Cams...along with the timing chain.
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Ive allways gotton told to be sure to look at my heads and get them done if need be... Other then that, thats my only advise mang :-D...
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

alright thanks alot guys, yea im just gonna do the minimal which means no lifters, al stock mustang parts, no h pipe on the exhaust, im not even sure if i'll do headers. im gonna get my engine looked over by my dads friend to see if anything absolutlely has to be replaced. because think again, i am 16, which means i dont treat my car as nicely as some of u older folk, plus i do live in michigan, so this thing will get the crap kicked out of it, not by choice, hence me not wanting to spend too much on her!

Comment

and i know colin u also live in salty michigan, but ur marquette is simply spotless and gorgeous, mines a wee bit more rough around the edges

Comment

I was lucky...the previous owner of my car was a Ford engineer and always kept the merc in a heated garage in the cold months and cleaned it a lot.
              the rust on the bottom has gotten a little worse over the past 2 years and the vinyl roof has been cracking a lot...
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Buy a complete engine gasket set and replace all the gaskets. New front and rear main seal (in the set), new freeze plugs if any of yours look marginal (they're very cheap, maybe 20 bucks max for all of them), new oil pump, inspect the bearings while the pan is off. If you got the money, put new bearings in there too. Inspect the cylinders, probably nothing needed there. If the bores are in good shape and you can see factory crosshatch marks, I'd leave them alone. Its not a high wear area on a Ford smallblock thats not been abused. If you're doing an HO conversion, you should really be changing to an E7 (or better) head. I'd have them rebuilt, or if you can afford it, install something better than a stock e7. At the very least, I'd go with new valve seals on the heads. New water pump too, since you'll have the timing cover open for the cam swap and new timing chain.

Hoses can be purchased at any local auto parts store.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

alright sweet, yeah im having my dads buddy check out all that stuff, his hobby is rebuilding ford small blocks, he'll check it out!!!

Comment

Welp, if nothing else be sure to get him to check ure heads
                    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

ok!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X