No announcement yet.

Fuel Injector Upgrade/Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered the rebuilt set from eBay, can confirm that the F0SE-A1A injectors are indeed 4-hole design. I've got the upper intake, fuel rail, and injectors out now, and I'm wondering, should I replace the other items under the upper intake now as well? Stuff like the fuel pressure regulator, coolant temperature sensor, and air intake temperature sensor? As far as I know they all are currently functioning, but they're also original, or at least appear to be.

Oh, and can confirm, had at least one bad injector, Blogs was still dripping fuel out after being shut off for 3+ hours. I also had absolutely no fuel pressure remaining in the system at that time either, barely lost any gas from the rails. Injectors 6 and 7 also look suspect., and all of them are showing their age.

Comment

If you can get OEM parts and can afford the expense, by all means, replace them all while you are in there.
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Definitely can't afford OEM, just the reputable aftermarket suppliers, but I take it that may not be suitable by the suggestion of OEM parts instead of quality replacements. I'd have to wait much longer to get them anyway, so may as well just keep what I've got. It's not like it is too hard to get the upper intake off again anyway.

Comment

While you’re under there replace all the vacuum lines, cheap insurance
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            While you’re under there replace all the vacuum lines, cheap insurance
            +1. Kinda figured that was a given but YES!
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Already replaced last year, had a cracked MAP line that was playing havoc with my driveability.

Comment

the sensors aren't that unreliable, and if you aren't having problems I wouldn't be inclined to replace any of it. No need to introduce a bunch of variables.

besides, the air and water temp sensors can be changed with the upper in place if you have to. The FPR is generally fine or not, easy enough to check with a pressure gauge. The other fail symptom is gas in the vac line. if the pressure is right and its not leaking to the vac line, leave it.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Agreed. I would not change out any of those other parts unless you had problems with them.

Really good that you swapped all the injectors. Now you have working units with new rubber. Still bear in mind the ones you put in are used so don't discount them as a source for any rich fuel condition or cylinder miss in the future. Hopefully the far distant future.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                  X