No announcement yet.

Signs of CFI running lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is someone really knows what they are doing, then you don't have problems. If they have no idea, they'll be scare to touch anything, so again, no problems. It's the peckers in the middle, who "think" they know what they are doing but really don't that cause all the problems!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

There is a sociology term called the Dunning-Kruger effect. Basically its that, plotted out on a curve with a lot of fancy research that says people that know enough to be dangerous have extreme confidence in their ability until they learn a little more and realize they don't know as much as they thought they did. Also sometimes called "15- 25 years old". The exact end point varies anyone who have survived long enough to realize how dumb they used to be knows what I'm talking about.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Also, talking out of one's arse is inversely proportional to knowledge of the subject in that age range. I was not immune to that either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

As I approach 40 the “15-25 years old” part resonates quite powerfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be 42 in a couple months, trust me when I say I understand.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

UPDATE:

seems like after adjusting the regulator I’m getting about 14.5 - 15 mpg whereas I was getting around 11 beforehand

Comment

Nice easy fix!
                What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

UPDATE:

Took a weekend trip and I got about 17mpg highway and 15mpg city. It sucks I didn’t figure out the pressure regulator sooner lol

Comment

Impressive.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X