No announcement yet.

Water pump bolt set (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those aren't anything overly special, they probably have a bolt that is suitable for the job. I guess maybe the thing to do is pull the pump and have all of the bolts on hand in front of me to get any measurements they need to confirm it. With a little luck maybe I can talk them into assembling that as a kit to put in the catalog so someone else can just order it in the future.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That would be great if you got them to make a catalog listing for panthers. Wouldn’t take much effort on their part as I think the kits are built to order.

Comment

well I got all of them out. Looks like I had 2 common hardware store bolts for the shortie extras the iron pump takes rather than the flange head it probably ought to have in that spot. Bolts will go to work with me tomorrow to spend some time cleaning and inspecting, and I'll get full documentation on lengths and thread and whatnot. I need to make a thread chaser to clean out the holes going into the water jacket, they have some crap in there. Probably just use a regular bolt or a piece of allthread and cut a notch in it to scrape the trash out. Its way too deep to use a tap.

The water pump had very noticeable wobble to the pulley once the belt came off. bearings are shot. I may as well tap the upper alternator bolt while its off too. Have to measure that and figure out what to tap it for, and get the bolt. Tired of the nut and bolt BS that its had for like 18 years now.

the coolant is also nasty. Every single part that contacts coolant has been replaced at least twice since I got the car including the engine itself and its still nasty. I've never done it all at the same time though. I think its still some of the same nasty crud that was in there 20 years ago, just contantly circulating. Maybe this time I'll see if the block drains will come out and let me flush the whole thing.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

this is gold, was just getting parts together for a water pump replacement in my 88, iron of course
          1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

They did confirm they can make it, I asked for a total and told them I'd call with my CC. Didn't get a reply yesterday and I got too busy to call. Their hours are while I'm at work so it sort of depends on how annoying the boss is being. Yesterday he wanted a bunch off stuff done so I spent like 5 grand. Then he told me to slow down on the money LOL.

I did mention I could sell them a couple more sets if they put a kit number to it, so hopefully they will and I can pass that info along. Don't expect it to be super cheap but at least it will be an option.

Comment

Nice! update on price and info when you get it!

The Official ARP Web Site | Kits (arp-bolts.com)

What about the ARP kit?
              Last edited by mcb82gt; 05-21-2024, 03:49 PM.
              1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by mcb82gt View Post
                Nice! update on price and info when you get it!

The Official ARP Web Site | Kits (arp-bolts.com)

What about the ARP kit?
                That's a bolt kit, no studs. Won't be running any accessory drive with those.
                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

exactly that. Old cars apparently didn't bolt anything to the water pump. By the time these were made, everything bolted to the pump. I think Ford stole some bad ideas from GM. Ever see a late 70s V belt Chevy with AC? Brackets that bolt brackets to brackets and things tying to the exhaust and intake manifolds. No thank you.

Order is in, estimated price with shipping is $133 but thats not final. Don't have a part number to order a kit yet either, they haven't assigned one. When I get it and have a number I'll pass it along for anyone who wants to order a set. I told them I knew of at least 2 people who were interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    exactly that. Old cars apparently didn't bolt anything to the water pump. By the time these were made, everything bolted to the pump. I think Ford stole some bad ideas from GM. Ever see a late 70s V belt Chevy with AC? Brackets that bolt brackets to brackets and things tying to the exhaust and intake manifolds. No thank you.

Order is in, estimated price with shipping is $133 but thats not final. Don't have a part number to order a kit yet either, they haven't assigned one. When I get it and have a number I'll pass it along for anyone who wants to order a set. I told them I knew of at least 2 people who were interested.
                    I will be sure to pick one up once more information is attained. I will also mention you had passed the info along. I dont need one but it is something worth having if it proves to be a true kit.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Glad they took care of you. Part number would be great for future reference. Might get a spare set lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X