3.55 REAR HAS TO BE A POSI FACTORY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.55 REAR HAS TO BE A POSI FACTORY?

QUESTION MY FRIEND HE HAS A 3.55 REAR IT SAYS 3 L 55 ON THE SILVER TAG BUT WE HAD THE CAR ON THE RACK AND TURNED ONE OF THE TIRES AND THEY WENT THE OPPOSITE WAY DO THE CAR HAVE TO BE RUNNING TO TELL? B/C IT WAS NOT RUNNING AND THE TIRE WAS HARD TO TURN IT REALLY DIDNT TURN TOO MUCH JUST ROCKED BACK AND FORTH. DO ALL 3.55 COME FACTORY WITH POSI AKA TRAC-LOCK?
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

Put the trans in neutral and with both rear tires off the ground, rotate them. They should not turn opposite ways if it is a trac loc. If the tag looks original, the L indicates it has traction loc.

Tom

Comment

I will try that also i talked to scott and he said that if it has went bad it will turn the tires the opposite way if it once went the same way..
      The Best
      Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Probably a tow package car. My Townie has a 3L55 rear in it. Also has larger rear drums and universal joints.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

3L55 should be a limited-slip/locking rear end.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
          X