3g alternator upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3g alternator upgrade

I have a 85 Vic what all do i need to make this upgrade happen and as well can someone included details on what to hook up and rewire? And what do u do with the wires that u take off teh back of the old one?
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

there is the link...even has the name of the company you get the kit from...PA Performance. Enjoy!
    i\'m back bitches!

Comment

:slug: :stupid:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That takes care of the wiring part, but what about the alternator itself and mounting it? Will it bolt into the stock small-frame-alt bracket or are any modifications needed?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

sorry i guess i forgot that part.

the alt. fits in the small bracket. and will bolt up to the block just fine...only problem I had which may have been a fluke was the bottom of the alternator slips into a groove on the block and the bolt goes through the block, the alternator, then the block again...i had to shave the alternator mounting a little...it was a hair too wide to go into the groove. other than that it was smooth sailing. the conversion kit came with instructions.

and you must have a stock or small pulley. the alt sits higher in the bracket and the belt is tough to get on. make sure to check the adjustment bolt for tension after driving it a bit...mine got really loose. the bigger alt. puts more stress on the belt and the adj. bolt and moves a little.

take pix if you do this swap and let us know how it went.
          i\'m back bitches!

Comment

Working...
          X