Its aliiiiive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its aliiiiive!

Well, after a lot of work, aggravation, and technical assistance from a pile of people, I drove teh Galactica home last night. Departed work at 3 am with a decently running and properly shifting HO Town Car. Bunch of stuff wasn't quite right, but it ran! List of issues follows

Stealership gave me the wrong size shift linkage bushings, so it has a circlip and a ton of slop in it.

didn't get the right shift lever from the junkyard, so I flattened, cut, and drilled the Mark 7 lever to work.

O2 sensors weren't hooked up. driver's side now connected and it runs a lot better. Will grab wires to extend the harness to get that plugged in tomorrow

Still no air cleaner assembly, so when I washed the engine bay of the fire extinguisher crap I had to jam a rag in the throttle body.

On the upside, the vacuum hoses for the climate control that I had melted off are now re-connected under the dash, so all that junk works again. The trans wiring harness also wasn't as damaged as I thought, so replacing about a foot of wire for the VSS and some tape made it good as new again. Car has a hell of a lot more power now too.

Special thanks to Scott for technical assistance and hooking me up with a good tranny, and to my bud Jamie for helping me pull the HO and install the trans.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

:slug: thanks man........glad to help out anytime

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Awsome, welcome to the club!

Comment

Just make sure to get the TV pressure correct...

But great job!!! We need pics!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'll get some pics soon. Maybe tomorrow night after work, once I get the rest of the under-dash insulation re-attached.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X