The work goes on tommorow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The work goes on tommorow...

Saturday Will be front brakes day!!! I went to Advanced Auto today and bought the front rotors, pads, bearings, and seals for the front of the 91... (Figured I might as well do the bearings since these have about 180,000 miles on them!) Next payday will be the rear brakes (Drums, springs, shoes, wheel cylinders) I want the car to STOP! (it stops ok now, just want the brand new feel again when I stop...)

Next week I will also be putting four new tires on the car. I have one new one now, thanks to a nail thru the sidewall... that will go into the spare position... So I will have 5 brand new tires on the car...

I have also started to prep the new front doors for the car, to be put on prior to the repaint next month, when I get my taxes back... (Same color--- Ford oxford white) Then I will concentrate on getting the 84 done... had to get the 91 running right first tho... Since it is my daily driver, and I haven't had the chance to do much work on it lately, except for oil changes, and things of that nature...

Then after the putting the brakes on tommorow... A GOOD clean up for the show and shine Saturday night...
    It has been raining so much lately, I have not gotten to clean the car up much latetly.. it is filthy! But it won't be after tommorow!

Got to go to work Sun. One of our dispatcher's Mom's passed away, so I am working for him... (Need the overtime, but I would do it anyway... just the right thing to do.) They are installing the new radio console desks at work Saturday, So the supervisor wants me to work Sun. as that is the day all of the electronics gets moved... Guess I will be dispatching with portable (Walkie talkie) radios! I will try to get pictures of the new setup...

Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Well Saturday morning the calipers, bearings, pads, got changed on the 91... Sure is stopping nice now! (No more pulsating pedal.... boy were they warped!)

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Simple maintenance goes a long way, eh?

I think you've replaced almost every part on that car, lol... It's probably still a show-winner tho!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i hate driving with warped rotors. The foot massage is nice, but it gets annoying real quick. When I first put my truck back on the road after the trans grenaded, the rotors had rusted real bad, and then they warped from me standing on the brakes to stop it. Was much nicer to drive once I replaced all the dead parts.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mine were so bad, I convinced a friend of mine that it was the anti lock brakes were causing the pulsing... (He felt it and wondered what it was!) It was pretty funny... The back brakes are next... drums, springs. and shoes.... Then it will REALLY stop!

And Tom, it doesn't look as good up close as it used to due to the hurricanes we had... but I am going to take care of that problem with a new coat of paint this Feb... Going to get a base coat/clear coat paint job put on the car... And this time I am going to strip the car of ALL trim... I am thinking of sending all of the stainless steel trim out to have it "chrome" powder coated.... They have a new chrome color powder coat that is awsome... It looks like chrome when it is done... Would make the trim look really nice... and since it is mostly small surface area pieces the guy said it wouldn't cost much... Hardest part would be removing and re-installing it without scratching it... At least the trim wouldn't have that "pasty" look anymore..... I'll try to get some updated pictures of the car soon...

Comment

Working...
          X