My car won't start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
    Same... even though I suppose I could afford it right now if I really needed it, I'm just gonna keep putting it off until the thing actually shits the bed.
    the worse I put it off the worse the flywheel may get teeth-wise. I know I shouldn't be waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      the worse I put it off the worse the flywheel may get teeth-wise. I know I shouldn't be waiting.
      If it's not engaging the flywheel at all, you're not doing any damage. If it's partially engaging and making horrific grinding noises, then you've got a problem.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

MercuryMason, I'm sorry to here of your issue. But, I must say thats a really nice looking car hauler. Nice shiny wheels, etc. Looks like a JerrDan body too.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          not really. 2 bolts, one cable, and thats about all there is to it. Actually, speaking of that, make sure the bolts didn't fall out first. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of the starter falling off.
          Yep, you were right! two bolts and one cable (held on with a bolt).....three bolts.....the three hardest bolts EVER!!!!! hOLY SHIT THAT THING WAS FUCKING BRUTAL!!! I spent 5 hours under my car in 30degree weather, no jacks on a concrete driveway wrestling my hand and tools in and out of the starter trying to get that fucker off and getting the new one on was worse!!! This was almost as bad as the heater core project....

But the good news is that with my new starter the car starts perfectly, is quieter, runs smother, goes faster, gets better gas mileage generates a second income and I am more attractive to women...

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
          It might be a little redneck but you can try to hit the starter with a hammer. Ive had it happen on a bronco I hit the damn thing and it worked for another year. It was just stuck funny.
          Hitting the starter with a wrench was the first thing I tried, but did not work.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          MercuryMason, I'm sorry to here of your issue. But, I must say thats a really nice looking car hauler. Nice shiny wheels, etc. Looks like a JerrDan body too.

Oh yeah defiantly, the picture does not do that flatbed justice, it must have been less than a year old and it's lights where nice and bright and clear, no rust and the whole machine work well without complaint. Considering the fast service and nice appearance of there truck and good customer service I'd say my $50 was well spent. If you ever break down in the northern part of new jersey near parkway exit 107 in Monmouth county new jersey I recamend Bill Wright and son towing!

Comment

With the right mix of extensions, its actually not bad. Lower bolt is usually real simple, getting at the upper one is a bit annoying but not that bad. Need an extension just long enough to put your ratchet in front of the starter, but not so long as to put it over the crossmember. I've also gotten them with really long extensions and the ratchet up in front of the crossmember. Getting that power cable bolted up, that can be a bitch trying to hold the starter and get the cable and all together.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X