AOD Shift Pattern Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOD Shift Pattern Change

I don't recall reading about this modification before, it shows how to get a normal shift pattern out of an AOD.

Anybody seen/tried this?
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Yep, been posted and discussed before. I don't think I'd do this mod as it apparently somehow removes engine braking in 2nd gear, and I like having engine braking.

Comment

I use manual 3 a lot more than I would ever use manual 2. Losing that ability would annoy me. I'd much rather have it modded so overdrive lockout was electronic via a button or something like the electronic trannys have. Apparently that does exist somehow but its spendy.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Unless it's purely for drag racing, it's not worth doing. I had one for a while and manual 2 was pretty useless for anything. I spent the entire year wishing I had manual 3rd.

Comment

This is exactly why I posted the two pages of AOD movie titles. My thoughts?
          1. Ditch the AOD for a 4R70W, and a separate Baumann tranny computer

2. Build a nasty C4 tranny, and install a Gear Vendors overdrive unit on the end, programmable to give you up to six forward gears.

3. Follow the trevails of Johnny Blaze, and just put a damn 5-speed in it.

There, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
          X