Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok guys I was trying to hide what I was planning for the tudor but I was caught by..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok guys I was trying to hide what I was planning for the tudor but I was caught by..

Ok guys I was trying to hide what I was planning for the tudor but I was caught by so MANY people telling me to come here. So here is my shopping cart so far (look at the first post) http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1004170
    I was told that I should go a roller cam thou? Any opions. Goal is anywhere between 14-13 seconds in the quater mile but I dont want to trash gas mileage. I would like to aim for at least 20 on highway still. Planning on droping $1500 into her.
    Last edited by 83countrysquire; 03-17-2008, 10:21 PM.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

that thread shows why i never bother to go to the corral, let alon join. I guess ill just stay over here with my car that will never be fast. you know since ive never beaten a mustang, LS1 camaro, turbo'd integra, turbo'd 240, and a bunch of other stuff.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yeah! I was kinda ticked how they started bashing my car! When I know its got wieght but its got style and luxury more than I can say for a mustang that you got to cram into. I like the mustangs dont get me wrong but I love my car too. Back to the point what should i be doing.
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

ditch the msd crap it wont make any hp
        gt40p heads
        explorer cam
        motorsport headers
        gt40 intakes
        65mm tb

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

14s

"Back to the point what should i be doing."
          Cancel all that stuff.
          You seem to be ignoring a lot of the good advice being given to you.
          3.55s will not get you in the 14s unless you have a big motor. 4.10s minimum.
          Gears, stall convertor, AOD reprogramming, shorty hedders and a 2.5" exhaust for starters.

Engine:
          Try and find a complete Exploder 302. This will have an intake that flows equal to a Cobra, uses the GT-40 lower, and comes with 65mm tb and egr spacer. Nothing else to do to engine except add an ud pulley.
          If you positively must use your shortblock, get a good set of heads, E7 minimum. Contact Turbo and have his buddy set you up with a set, or Powerheads as Scott used.
          Get an Explorer intake. I found a lower, upper, tb, and 67mm egr spacer for $200.
          Trick Flow Stage 1 cam.
          KEM makes caps and rotors for ACCEL and can be found at NAPA for fewer $.

Exhaust:
          1&5/8" aftermarket shortys can be found in the $40 range, 2.5" exhaust, good flowing mufflers.
          Stay away from glasspacks as they only add noise.

Trans:
          2400 to 2800 'LOCKUP' convertor. Get a good quality unit. That eliminates B&M and GER.
          Cost for a 'GOOD' convertor will be in the $400+ range.
          Reprogramming kit ~$75. I like Baumman, but have heard good reports from Transgo.
          BIG external cooler. B&M makes good ones.

Gears:
          As was staed, 4.10 min. 4.30 would be better. Use a tall 29" tire for the street, a shorter 26 or 27" for the track. Should average easy 18 to 20mpg as a daily driver.
          IIRC, a 295/60 tire is 29+" tall, 255/60 is 27".

Rear suspension:
          HD LT gas charged shocks. I like Gabriel, but others will work as well. Monroes are too short. Air bags in the coils for preloading the suspension at the track.

Front suspension:
          Smallest, cheapest OEM replacements you can find.

Wheels:
          Find some aluminum wheels. Factory take offs can usually be had cheap. Swap meets and local j/y are an excellent scource.

This stuff does not have to be bought all at once. Spend weekends at the local yards and swap meets. Read all the classifieds in the local paper.
          When you have the heads and cam, install them at the same time. Add the intake later.
          Also change the stock fp to a 110 or 155lph to keep up with the added hp.

Also consider eliminating everything you consider not necessary for a dd. Get the car as light as practical.

The above parts can be found anywhere & everywhere, and should put you deep into the 14s, still be a docile driver.
          Speed cost....how fast u wanna go??

It's not how much hp u have...
          It's how much hp u can put to the track...

Let's seperate the men from the boys and put that power to the track using street tires and stock suspension components

'Tis infinately better to sit quietly and be thought a fool,
          than to speak and remove all doubt.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

The motor is definitely not the only thing to be concerned with to make a fast car. The whole vehicle has to be set up so that the power you make gets to the wheels. Slydawg is definitely the guy to listen to about going fast on the cheap in a big car with a small motor.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X